• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kickbacked

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    You saved $35. Awesome. So, who is your political representation for your gun rights?

Its not that i saved $35, its that im not supporting a group filled with compromising politicians. Especially one that would back a guy who was for an awb.

WyldeShot

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 28, 2011
    Greenville
    It has already been said, but gun owners do not have many supporters right now. I am sure that compromises will be made to save more firearms from being blacklisted.

OkieGirl

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2012
    iti anunka (In the trees)
    The NRA is made up of four million moms and dads, sons and daughters – and we were shocked, saddened and heartbroken by the news of the horrific and senseless murders in Newtown. Out of respect for the families, and as a matter of common decency, we have given time for mourning, prayer and a full investigation of the facts before commenting. The NRA is prepared to offer meaningful contributions to help make sure this never happens again.

You guys are tied in knots over this, but no one will know until Friday.

By "offer meaningful contributions" I don't hear it to say that they are or will be stepping back on any important 2nd Amendment issues. People are so clouded by emotion right now on both sides that we need to stay focused on the FACTS of this issue...no one fired back. The BG was able to destroy so much because there was no return fire. A weapons ban will not take assault style weapons out of criminal hands and therefore the NRA will likely fight hard against it. Politicians are politicians, by their very nature will sway with the wind just like the sheeple they represent. When the NRA backs someone in an election they have to do the same thing we do...choose the lesser of two evils.

Lets wait till Friday and see what happens before we get our blood pressure up too high.

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Its not that i saved $35, its that im not supporting a group filled with compromising politicians. Especially one that would back a guy who was for an awb.

I'm the NRA and I'm a life member. I paid my dues and donations to fight for gun rights and support the only pro gun organisation in the news or any one in government cares about.

So get your whiney dead rump out of my seat and go cry in some other life boat. What EVER the NRA does is none of your business.

ViperJock

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Fort Wayne-ish
    Yes, they compromise.... this was their first post back on facebook

The NRA is made up of four million moms and dads, sons and daughters – and we were shocked, saddened and heartbroken by the news of the horrific and senseless murders in Newtown. Out of respect for the families, and as a matter of common decency, we have given time for mourning, prayer and a full investigation of the facts before commenting. The NRA is prepared to offer meaningful contributions to help make sure this never happens again.

This could mean anything. You are interpreting it in reference to your own fears. 90% of your INGO posts are fretting over bans. You may be right but let's keep it real shall we?

Mosinowner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 1, 2011
    This could mean anything. You are interpreting it in reference to your own fears. 90% of your INGO posts are fretting over bans. You may be right but let's keep it real shall we?

So 4,855 of my post are about fretting over bans?

ViperJock

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Fort Wayne-ish
    So 4,855 of my post are about fretting over bans?

Of the threads you are the OP I doubt I'm far off. Not really the point though. Point is you are always worried about. So, your brain interprets data to support your view. You aren't alone that's how most people think about most things. The brain even does it for you with respect to sensory uptake.

The NRA are a political body. They are interested in preserving as much freedom in firearm ownership as possible. Will they compromise on some things if it wins them others? Quite possibly. You can't always win everything all the time. Sometimes you have to give to get. As an endowment member, I sure hope they don't give in. I hope the (R) that are talking stricter laws get their heads out of their asses. We can contact them and tell them what we expect but if you aren't an NRA member you have no room to complain about them. If you don't contact your local lawmakers, you have no room to complain about how they vote.

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Here's an articl about the gun lobby, the NRA, and it mentions there are a few other minor fringe groups. "others".
    NRA: Gun lobby laid groundwork against any new gun laws - Dec. 18, 2012

You guys who love back stabbing the only run rights group who served gun owners for over 100 years need to take your knives and swim over there to your spots in the life boats with the "others". Don't worry, we've been carrying you freeloaders for over 100 years now. We'll take care of it.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    The SFA that some people have been mentioning is a great group that is involved in litigating our way to the RKBA. They are important and everyone should support them. Their speciality is NOT what is needed now. We need political clout. We need someone that can scare politicians. We need someone that can remind them what happened to Congressman that betrayed us before and enacted a gun ban. That organization is the NRA. They may not be perfect. They may not be pure enough. But they are the only game in town that can stand up for us in a situation like this. Larry Pratt did an outstanding job in his interview with Piers whatshisname. But Congressman and Senators don't say, OMG Larry Pratt is angry with me. Those that live in the areas of the country off the coasts however do fear hearing that the NRA is angry with them.

semperfi211

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Near Lowell

National Rifle Association

"The NRA is made up of four million moms and dads, sons and daughters – and we were shocked, saddened and heartbroken by the news of the horrific and senseless murders in Newtown. Out of respect for the families, and as a matter of common decency, we have given time for mourning, prayer and a full investigation of the facts before commenting. The NRA is prepared to offer meaningful contributions to help make sure this never happens again."

Just got this on facebook. I wonder what they mean in that last sentence.

kickbacked

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    I'm the NRA and I'm a life member. I paid my dues and donations to fight for gun rights and support the only pro gun organisation in the news or any one in government cares about.

So get your whiney dead rump out of my seat and go cry in some other life boat. What EVER the NRA does is none of your business.

who the hell are you? Like you said the only pro gun organisation in the news or any one in the government cares about, so that effects every gun owner even the gun owners who don't agree with how they handle some things. Get my whiney dead rump out of your seat? what does that even mean? Im not whining and im not crying in a life boat. If you think you're opinion is somehow better than others then you need to take you're ignorant thoughts and find a private forum that caters to people who all share the same ideas.

indyjohn

PATRIOT
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    In the trees
    The SFA that some people have been mentioning is a great group that is involved in litigating our way to the RKBA. They are important and everyone should support them. Their speciality is NOT what is needed now. We need political clout. We need someone that can scare politicians. We need someone that can remind them what happened to Congressman that betrayed us before and enacted a gun ban. That organization is the NRA. They may not be perfect. They may not be pure enough. But they are the only game in town that can stand up for us in a situation like this. Larry Pratt did an outstanding job in his interview with Piers whatshisname. But Congressman and Senators don't say, OMG Larry Pratt is angry with me. Those that live in the areas of the country off the coasts however do fear hearing that the NRA is angry with them.

Thank you. I appreciate you calmly spelling out what I failed miserably at trying to state. I would Rep you but you seem to be full.

I got what you meant, Jack. I don't think they teach the meaning of metaphor in high school any more.

Lets wait till Friday and see what happens before we get our blood pressure up too high.

Smart girl. Are you single?

Liberty1911

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2012
    Why are you people surprised the NRA would compromise? Obama got elected. If they don't compromise they will be circumvented. Like I mentioned in my polls, our best bet is an advantageous compromise now. If Romney were elected we wouldn't expect to have to compromise, but that is not our reality.

Why do we have to expect to compromise now? If we get beat, so be it. Better to go down fighting than surrender.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell

Good point. :yesway:

(Sorry for yet another attack :D)

BTSTEVE

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 12, 2012
    Sellersburg
    Of course the NRA wants our money, they want to further their cause, which is to uphold gun rights in this country. It requires alot when they are being barraged by antigun media and politicians consistently.

What good would it do the NRA to fail their supporters, that would just mean less contributions.

Of course the NRA will fight for our rights, they may not be totally successful, but that will only be due to not enough people supporting them. 4 or 5 million supporters is not much considering the amout of people who do not own guns or could not care if there is a AWB.

And if there are other good pro gun organizations that are fighting for our rights, maybe in addition to, instead of one or the other is the answer to that argument.
    Support all pro gun causes!!!

Top Bottom