Will Glocks or hi cap guns be hard to obtain in 09?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bluedragon

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Muncie
    Im not sure if this is the right thread for this. or if i should put it in the political thread.... but yeah. I just wanted to ask, will it be hard to get? Someone tried to tell me when the elections come hi cap gun will be hard to get, especially Glock pistols....? is this true?

NateIU10

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2008
    Maryland
    Speculation may have driven up the price of certain firearms and accessories the past few months, but I don't think that it will increase much if at all before the election. With the recent wording of Heller, the possibility of bans (read: AWB and High cap ban etc) are far less probable than before.

:twocents::patriot:

Dogman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Hamilton County
    Im not sure if this is the right thread for this. or if i should put it in the political thread.... but yeah. I just wanted to ask, will it be hard to get? Someone tried to tell me when the elections come hi cap gun will be hard to get, especially Glock pistols....? is this true?

Only if you don't have the money to buy one.

pmpmstrb

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2008

Your sig is one of the best movies of all time.

pmpmstrb

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2008
    I just purchased 42 30rnd AR mags and don't own anything else that has to do with an AR. Time will tell if I'm crazy or smart.

Ri22o

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2008
    Speedway
    I just purchased 42 30rnd AR mags and don't own anything else that has to do with an AR. Time will tell if I'm crazy or smart.
    I intend on purchasing more as well. I currently have 30, 30 rnd AR mags still in their plastic. Worst case, I can at least break even.

hunter480

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    Coatesville, In.
    Speculation may have driven up the price of certain firearms and accessories the past few months, but I don't think that it will increase much if at all before the election. With the recent wording of Heller, the possibility of bans (read: AWB and High cap ban etc) are far less probable than before.

:twocents::patriot:

While the Court`s ruling was certainly welcome, it hardly set the stage for any and all bans to be impossible to enact.

There was plenty of grey area in the decision, and although it does strike down the handgun ban in general, it did not ever, specifically deny the Government the ability to ban certain kinds of handguns, ammunition, and magazines.

Enjoy the decision for what it was, but don`t relax for a minute, we`re still under attack.

NateIU10

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2008
    Maryland
    While the Court`s ruling was certainly welcome, it hardly set the stage for any and all bans to be impossible to enact.

I didn't say impossible, I said less likely. With the common use clauses, I thought it would be less likely to be able to enact a ban. It's just my opinion though, so:cheers:

:twocents:

nofear

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 20, 2008
    Indy
    It really depends on who gets elected. If it is Obama I think you will see some policies on certain guns tried to get pushed through.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    It really depends on who gets elected. If it is Obama I think you will see some policies on certain guns tried to get pushed through.
    Correct. If enough Dems get into congress, backed by a Dem President, they will push it through legal or not. If nothing else, it will be a victory in principle for them. For us it could still mean years of getting it all sorted out. A lot can happen in years, including appointment of liberal judges.

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    Once again, I will say, worry about who will be president, but also RESEARCH! who you want in Congress and develop a voting-tree. Also, participate in local and state politics as well. People want to fear only one thing, not realizing they are being flanked by anti-gun (notice I didnt say liberal) policians in the halls of state legislature and city boardrooms.

Also, dont necessarily look at liberal/conservative, look at firearms voting records and their views on it. It is very easy to just look at the main label and throw away a good choice. There are a few good liberal candidates that also are pro-gun.

Thirdly, dont buy from internet sites that promote fearmongering. If they claim the rise in price is due to a future ban or get them now before they are banned, they only care about getting money from you and not your rights. An appropriate one would be "our magazines are going up, buy them now, we will help fight ANY approaching ban". I refuse to give my money to ANY gun dealer/online retailer that has already thrown in the towel, concerned more with making money than supporting the right that will make them money over a long run.

Santee

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    While Obama is liberal to the core, I do not believe he is stupid. Gun control has lost elections for many candidates, the record on this is plain and to ignore it would be shear ignorance. While some positions in the legislature will not change for all their stupid stances because they are actually speaking for their voting constitutents. The President's office is not so sure, and if Obama wanted a second term, if elected for a first, then I do not believe he would throw away his chances. There are to many 2nd Amendment rights advocates for him to throw away any chance of reelection.

RonPaulSupporter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 26, 2008
    Remember that Clinton was in office around 2 years before the 94 ban went into effect. Even if there is a similar ban, it won't be happening too soon in Obama's presidency (if he's elected). Remember he's been campaigning on policies that are far more important to his liberal base than gun control, like universal healthcare, out of Iraq, etc. As radical left as he is, this issue is going to come much later if at all in his term, he has other elements of American democracy to destroy before he can get to the 2nd Amendment. :):

Top Bottom