• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • glockguy07

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Pass on Fobus - thank me later! ;)

You can get a Comptac Mtac with the Glock Slide Attachment and it will fit both....

Better yet - Raven Concealment's Phantom holster for the G17 may fit the G19 - I'll have to try it out when I get a minute.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Yeah I was looking at the GL2. What's wrong with Fobus?

They are "cheap" in every sense of the word. The newer ones are better (thicker material and added tension adjustment screw), but still wear the finish, don't provide very good security, and stick out from the body more than I'd like.

Your best bet is to spend a little extra money and go with something made of actual kydex, rather than just injection-molded thermoplastic.

Goodcat

From a place you cannot see…
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    153   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    New Pal
    The draw is hard as hell. It's what I have right now, though I'll be upgrading for sure. Yes, can fit 17 and 19

BearArms

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 19, 2008
    I was using a fobus for a while until my Safarilands ALS showed up. I love my Safarilands holster. I went to draw my gun one day from the fobus and the holster pulled around my belt and I was holding a holstered gun in my hand. Not very comforting if it would have been a life or death situation.

Glock Lover

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 23, 2008
    muncie
    Just depends on how you use your fobus. I use it as a range holster. Or for a BUG that hooks onto my car door. Things like that. I wouldn't use for a CC holster. My two cents.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    I was using a fobus for a while until my Safarilands ALS showed up. I love my Safarilands holster.

I really, really like the ALS holsters, as well... unless I have to conceal the gun at all. They are well made and the security device is simple and intuitive, but they are large/bulky holsters definitely more intended for duty/off-duty than CCW. I've got both the high rise belt rig (6320) and the paddle (6378).

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    I kind of like my Fobus GL2, it's what I use when I open carry. I'm sure there are better, but for something to quickly slip on the hip, it does the trick. It's a decent cheapy to start with until you find what you like.

Top Bottom