• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    Fort Wayne, IN
    You must be a rube if you think that a team can get by without quality depth. I'm watching the Colts right now and I'm seeing what happens without quality depth and hearing the commentators talking about the players that are out and how it is hurting the team. If you can't see that, maybe you should become a can of curling or maybe synchronized swimming. If you think that banking on one player is a good idea, your knowledge of any contact sport is a complete joke.

You should send your resume to the Colts, clearly you are an expert on managing and running an NFL team.

But you are right though, they dont know what they were doing. I mean they only have the record for 12+ win seasons in a row, tied for the record for consecutive playoffs made, have pretty much every AFC South title since the division was formed.

Its impossible to have "quality" depth at every position. There are too many players that have been injured the past few years. There are 52 guys on the active roster, last year 17 players finished the season on IR. You cannot plan for that, well maybe you can since you know everything there is to know.

There is a salary cap in the NFL, there is no yankees, you cannot spend whatever you want. When you draft good players and their contracts come up, you either need to pay them or lose them. The Colts have had several key loses due to free agency, cant sign everyone. All three of the Captains this year are on IR already.

What exactly do you want them to do? Yeah I know if they didnt pay Manning, yadda yadda. That is a cop out considering there are many other QBs who make as much or very close to what he does.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    You should send your resume to the Colts, clearly you are an expert on managing and running an NFL team.

But you are right though, they dont know what they were doing. I mean they only have the record for 12+ win seasons in a row, tied for the record for consecutive playoffs made, have pretty much every AFC South title since the division was formed.

Its impossible to have "quality" depth at every position. There are too many players that have been injured the past few years. There are 52 guys on the active roster, last year 17 players finished the season on IR. You cannot plan for that, well maybe you can since you know everything there is to know.

There is a salary cap in the NFL, there is no yankees, you cannot spend whatever you want. When you draft good players and their contracts come up, you either need to pay them or lose them. The Colts have had several key loses due to free agency, cant sign everyone. All three of the Captains this year are on IR already.

What exactly do you want them to do? Yeah I know if they didnt pay Manning, yadda yadda. That is a cop out considering there are many other QBs who make as much or very close to what he does.

You're clearly a homer and the only thing you'd be happy hearing is the Colts are gods and even without Waterhead, they're the greatest team on earth. You don't even seem bright enough to understand that the Colts are the reason the Colts suck this year. If the Colts had looked towards the future (and no, not saying pick someone to push Waterhead out), they would have had a serviceable backup QB. Don't try giving me that Painter and Collins and whoever else they have are serviceable, because they're simply not. Painter has decent moments but bounces far too many passes 5 yards in front of the receiver. If you can't see that there is a completely lost offensive line close to half the time, you must not be watching. If you don't see Donald Brown dancing in the backfield, you're not watching. The Colts planned on 1 player scoring the majority of their points, without him...they're garbage.

Homebrew

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 18, 2011
    It's been tough this year, but I've sat through every game. It's a little worse than the pre-Manning years for sure, but I feel bad not watching the games. And being a Purdue alum, I gotta root for Painter.

gunowner930

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2010
    Well it was better than 62-7. They still have 2 games with Jacksonville so they could get a win there. Painter is a backup QB, thats it. Maybe one day he'll develop into a day 1 starter, but he shows flashes and then makes inaccurate throws. At least he can run faster than Peyton right... At this point, I'm just going to keep watching with no real expectations. I still think they'll win 1-3 games this year, but its certainly hard to find those wins on the schedule at this point.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    Well it was better than 62-7. They still have 2 games with Jacksonville so they could get a win there. Painter is a backup QB, thats it. Maybe one day he'll develop into a day 1 starter, but he shows flashes and then makes inaccurate throws. At least he can run faster than Peyton right... At this point, I'm just going to keep watching with no real expectations. I still think they'll win 1-3 games this year, but its certainly hard to find those wins on the schedule at this point.

If they play Miami 3-6 times this year I MIGHT see them winning the 1-3 games (not really likely since Miami has played quite a bit better but haven't been able to finish). Since they don't, I'll keep them in the lead for Andrew Luck (which they'd be better taking someone to fill an obvious need if Manning is going to play next year, solid backups can be found in the 3rd-5th...later if you get lucky).

gunowner930

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2010
    If they play Miami 3-6 times this year I MIGHT see them winning the 1-3 games (not really likely since Miami has played quite a bit better but haven't been able to finish). Since they don't, I'll keep them in the lead for Andrew Luck (which they'd be better taking someone to fill an obvious need if Manning is going to play next year, solid backups can be found in the 3rd-5th...later if you get lucky).

Well this offseason will be interesting to say the least. The Colts may end up with the no. 1 pick. If Caldwell is fired (which is looking more and more likely), then a new coach and hopefully a new defensive philosophy will be brought in. Reggie Wayne, Robert Mathis, Jeff Saturday, Pierre Garcon are all free agents. I think two at most get re-signed. The draft will depend on Manning's health and whether or not he can continue. If Manning is good to go, then hopefully they trade the #1 pick because there are so many glaring weaknesses on this team that need to be addressed.

Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    Fort Wayne, IN
    You're clearly a homer and the only thing you'd be happy hearing is the Colts are gods and even without Waterhead, they're the greatest team on earth. You don't even seem bright enough to understand that the Colts are the reason the Colts suck this year. If the Colts had looked towards the future (and no, not saying pick someone to push Waterhead out), they would have had a serviceable backup QB. Don't try giving me that Painter and Collins and whoever else they have are serviceable, because they're simply not. Painter has decent moments but bounces far too many passes 5 yards in front of the receiver. If you can't see that there is a completely lost offensive line close to half the time, you must not be watching. If you don't see Donald Brown dancing in the backfield, you're not watching. The Colts planned on 1 player scoring the majority of their points, without him...they're garbage.

Sure you can call me a Colts homer, but its equally as obvious that you are clearly a Colts hater. But you are right, I am a Cotls fan. But hardly a homer blinded by my loyalties.

I think its foolish to think that given the circumstances around the Colts the last two years to think that they should have a shot at being a good team or even a mediocre one without arguably the best player ever to play his position.

You are so easy to glance over the major injuries the Colts have had outside of Manning the last two years . But it does not do anything to help your point so why bother with it right?

I give you Donald Brown, I am no fan of his at all. I think he has proven to be a 3rd stringer at best. The rookie Delone Carter has shown himself to be a solid back and a 3rd down and short yardage guy they have never had. I am also not a huge fan of Addai other than he is about as good as it gets as far as a pass blocking RB which is what Indy wants more than anything in most years.

I challenge you to go look at the truly elite teams, very few if any will have an elite running back these days. You don't need one, Addai and Carter are more than enough if they would get the blocking they need.

Here is a little article you may be interested in reading about the Colts drafting. Clearly it wont change your opinion even a little, but nothing will. You are a hater of all things Colts, you relish when they struggle so you can pile on. That's fine, it is what it is. Even you have to admit you do have an awful lot of posts in Colts related threads for someone who is not a fan and claims to not be just a hater.

Assessing Colts drafting late in first round - AFC South Blog - ESPN

Is this year an anomoly for the Colts franchise? Maybe, maybe not. But their track record over the last decade gives Polian and Irsay some leeway. No team has won more games than the Colts over the last 10 years, no team has consistantly had worse drafting positions than the Colts, and over the past two years no team has had to endure the injury situation they have had. Compound all of that and you still want them to have close to starting caliber backups at every position? Really? Like I said, this isn't baseball, there is a salary cap, there is a drafting order where the worse teams draft higher.

Last year Mark Sanchez made more $$ than Peyton. Vick, Brady, Big Ben, Stafford, Eli, Matt Ryan, Matt Cassell, and Phillip Rivers were all within 3.5 million of Mannings compensation for 2011. So lets not act like the Colts are spending all of their money on one guy, this is a QB driven league and all of the good ones get paid. Brees and Rodgers are going to get that much or more too.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    Sure you can call me a Colts homer, but its equally as obvious that you are clearly a Colts hater. But you are right, I am a Cotls fan. But hardly a homer blinded by my loyalties.

I think its foolish to think that given the circumstances around the Colts the last two years to think that they should have a shot at being a good team or even a mediocre one without arguably the best player ever to play his position.

You are so easy to glance over the major injuries the Colts have had outside of Manning the last two years . But it does not do anything to help your point so why bother with it right?

I give you Donald Brown, I am no fan of his at all. I think he has proven to be a 3rd stringer at best. The rookie Delone Carter has shown himself to be a solid back and a 3rd down and short yardage guy they have never had. I am also not a huge fan of Addai other than he is about as good as it gets as far as a pass blocking RB which is what Indy wants more than anything in most years.

I challenge you to go look at the truly elite teams, very few if any will have an elite running back these days. You don't need one, Addai and Carter are more than enough if they would get the blocking they need.

Here is a little article you may be interested in reading about the Colts drafting. Clearly it wont change your opinion even a little, but nothing will. You are a hater of all things Colts, you relish when they struggle so you can pile on. That's fine, it is what it is. Even you have to admit you do have an awful lot of posts in Colts related threads for someone who is not a fan and claims to not be just a hater.

Assessing Colts drafting late in first round - AFC South Blog - ESPN

Is this year an anomoly for the Colts franchise? Maybe, maybe not. But their track record over the last decade gives Polian and Irsay some leeway. No team has won more games than the Colts over the last 10 years, no team has consistantly had worse drafting positions than the Colts, and over the past two years no team has had to endure the injury situation they have had. Compound all of that and you still want them to have close to starting caliber backups at every position? Really? Like I said, this isn't baseball, there is a salary cap, there is a drafting order where the worse teams draft higher.

Last year Mark Sanchez made more $$ than Peyton. Vick, Brady, Big Ben, Stafford, Eli, Matt Ryan, Matt Cassell, and Phillip Rivers were all within 3.5 million of Mannings compensation for 2011. So lets not act like the Colts are spending all of their money on one guy, this is a QB driven league and all of the good ones get paid. Brees and Rodgers are going to get that much or more too.

EVERY team has had injuries the last 2 seasons. EVERY team has injuries EVERY season. The Colts don't do much to make sure they have quality back ups in multiple positions. The Colts obviously don't try to develop talent if they believe they have GOD on the team. I don't believe that I've ever said anything about money, that has been other people BUT if you have multiple obvious holes on both sides of the ball and a QB that is willing to restructure a new contract in order to bring in solid players and you don't, to me that means you are banking on ONE player and don't really have a solid grasp on the fact that if that person goes down...you're screwed (even though I think Manning is truly classless, I think he felt the same about bringing in talent).

PS. I think you either take the Colts way too seriously or you have a serious issue with reading comprehension. If you can point out a single place where I state that quality back ups means starting caliber player, I'll bow to your greatness. Since I have NEVER said that (that would have been you trying to put words into my mouth), that won't happen. Just so you know, as a fan of the NFL (and players unlike Manning that throw those protecting him under the bus when things don't go right), I have been called out multiple times as a troll or a hater on the forums for the team that I follow the closest (not that I don't watch every team and keep up with news from every team) because I looked at the team from the outside and saw the glaringly obvious holes. I saw the flaws because I wasn't doing the homer thing where EVERYTHING is always alright. Just think, maybe when Manning leaves the game in a year or 2 and the Colts haven't addressed issues with the O-Line and their new franchise back is getting beaten up...maybe the Saints and Lions fans will let you borrow a paper bag so you can watch the game without shame.

Mr. Habib

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Somewhere else
    This whole injury issue is way over blown IMO. If a team has quality back up players, unlike the Colts, they can deal with the injuries. The Packers had more games missed by starters than any other team last year. I think it was around 119 or so. They seemed to manage just fine. The Colts put all their chips on #18 by building an entire team around him and not addressing serious issues in other areas. That gamble payed off for a while. Now it isn't working.

Kase

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 6, 2010
    Crawfordsville
    This whole injury issue is way over blown IMO. If a team has quality back up players, unlike the Colts, they can deal with the injuries. The Packers had more games missed by starters than any other team last year. I think it was around 119 or so. They seemed to manage just fine. The Colts put all their chips on #18 by building an entire team around him and not addressing serious issues in other areas. That gamble payed off for a while. Now it isn't working.

^^^ Yup. This guy knows whats going on :yesway:

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana

Wait to be called a hater or a troll and wait for the sarcasm to come about how you should send your resume to the Colts so you can help run the team. More than a handful of the homers don't seem to understand the lack of quality back ups, even though I've kept mentioning it (and will continue to).

I really wish I could follow a team and be so involved with my love of them that I completely look past their flaws. Sundays, Mondays, and some Thursdays would be much more enjoyable.

Streck-Fu

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jul 2, 2010
    Noblesville
    The Colts won't get a dime of my money or ounce of my support because of Irsay and the bull**** stadium deal (90% tax funded).

I wonder if blue would look good in LA.

jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County
    Wow, this is some "Colts Fans" thread. Thanks for all your kind words haters.

I LOVE the stadium and the atmosphere of a game....nothing like it in Indiana!

GO COLTS!

jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County
    Wait to be called a hater or a troll and wait for the sarcasm to come about how you should send your resume to the Colts so you can help run the team. More than a handful of the homers don't seem to understand the lack of quality back ups, even though I've kept mentioning it (and will continue to).

I really wish I could follow a team and be so involved with my love of them that I completely look past their flaws. Sundays, Mondays, and some Thursdays would be much more enjoyable.

How bout you read the title of the thread and tell us how you aren't being a troll... :rolleyes:

Go to the haters thread and wine all you want. Some of us know what it's like to actually support a team no matter what.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    How bout you read the title of the thread and tell us how you aren't being a troll... :rolleyes:

Go to the haters thread and wine all you want. Some of us know what it's like to actually support a team no matter what.

If you owned this board, I'd give you an answer...but you don't, so I won't. If people get riled up over words on a screen, they might need to take a few steps away from the computer.

PS. I may be a Colts (and homers in general) hater but that does not equal troll.

Ogre

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    The Colts won't get a dime of my money or ounce of my support because of Irsay and the bull**** stadium deal (90% tax funded).

I wonder if blue would look good in LA.

NOW YOU’RE TALKING!!! But only if they payoff Lucas Stadium, and The Hoosier Dome first…
    :yesway:
    :D

Top Bottom