• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Nope. They're neat looking guns and they're well designed, too. I've never heard a complaint about them. Personally, I'd rather have one of Wildey's JAWS Vipers in .45 ACP, along with the change out barrels for 9mm and 40SW. It's not only pretty, but functional. Of course I don't know of a single importer, yet. Danged Jordanians get everything first!

Old Syko

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    I'm sure more than just Charley and myself have shot one of these. :): Charley seemed to have better luck than I did. Sometime in the mid '80s a buddy bought 1 and I bought an Automag. Although the Wildey was more dependable then the Automag, both were verging on uselessness. The Wildey had a 10 or 12" barrel that made an unwieldy pistol even worse than expected to handle. Don't remember the caliber for sure but I'm thinking maybe 45 Win mag. At any rate it turned out to be nothing more than a novelty that didn't hang around long.

buzzard pickins

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 26, 2009
    Out by the Prague pond
    Renoun and respected gun writer JOHN TAFFIN, has done a couple reviews on this gun. The last one is archived at american handgunner, taffin test 44.automag jan-feb 08.

Last edited:

bigkahunasix

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 27, 2008
    SW Indiana
    Bulky, overweight, impossible to find a holster for, crunch trigger, not ballistically impressive with anything but HOT handloads. (They are accurate though.)

I like my TDE Automag much better.

6birds

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 15, 2008
    Fishers
    It's on my list, but not in the top 5 yet. I have two friends that own them, one's a shooter, the other's a safe queen.

dwordinger

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 18, 2009
    Mine is .45 mag with 10 inch barrel. Of course it's big and bulky; it's made for big ammo. The cartridges are a bit shorter than a .44 mag but, obviously larger diameter. Holsters are scarce, but look long and hard enough and you'll find one.

Concealed carry? The grip on my Springfield XD 45 with a double stack magazine is about 1.21 inches wide. The Wildey is 1.51 inches wide and a few hundredths of an inch longer. The Wildey is also about 1/2 inch taller than the XD. Length, of course depends on the barrel, but if my 10 inch barrel were 5 inches shorter the gun would still be about 2-3/4 inches longer than the 5 inch barrel XD. The frame is bigger because of the gas operated bolt.

It may be hard to carry and impossible to conceal, but it's a joy to shoot! It recoils less than my XD or my 1911 Colt. The trigger has some travel, but then is a nice break. I shoot mine open sights. The sight radius on a 10 inch barrel is nice I've thought of putting a scope on it, but then it WOULD be bulky.

Top Bottom