• ...and so much more!
  • oldman446

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    Brookston
    Sorry if this has been asked before.
    Are there any members of Wildcat Valley Rifle and Pistol club on this site?
    How do you become a member? I live about 10-15 miles from the range and would really like to get to know some of the members and learn more about the range.

Thanks for any information.
    Oldman446 in Brookston

BillD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Oct 28, 2008
    Greenwood
    It's easy. Get your membership packet. Go to some matches, help set up, introduce yourself, somebody will sign your form.
    You do have to go to several meetings.

I envy you. Hell, I'd like to retire to Brookston just to be close to the range.

oldman446

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    Brookston
    I just checked the web site. The 2011 calendar is up.
    Looks like I will be going over to meet some the members and see what it is like.
    I've heard lots of good things about it.

oldman446

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    Brookston
    It's easy. Get your membership packet. Go to some matches, help set up, introduce yourself, somebody will sign your form.
    You do have to go to several meetings.

I envy you. Hell, I'd like to retire to Brookston just to be close to the range.

I am getting close to retirement. That's one of the reasons that I would like to become a member. It will give me something to do after retirement.

Do you mean they allow potential members to help set up and participate in some of the activities prior to becoming a menber?

BillD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Oct 28, 2008
    Greenwood
    Yes, you have to get to know folks and participate before becoming a member.
    It will all become clear when you get your packet.

pm me your email, I'll put you in touch with the club president.
    There are several members who live in Brookston.

oldman446

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    Brookston
    Yes, you have to get to know folks and participate before becoming a member.
    It will all become clear when you get your packet.

pm me your email, I'll put you in touch with the club president.
    There are several members who live in Brookston.
    Thanks BillD. It seem like I don;t have enough posts to send a PM.
    Maybe by the end of the day I will reach the magic 15 post.

04FXSTS

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2010
    Eugene
    I am a bit far away to make it practical to be a member but I have shot IDPA there many times and consider it a top notch club. Looking foreward to the new season, Jim.

Marc

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 16, 2008
    District 6
    ive been up there and its a really nice place Bill who is a really nice guy is a member up there and some of you might know him and we shot on the 300yds range and it was awesome, i wanted to become a member up there but its wayyyyy to far of a drive for me.

tnek

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Good club and it is a pain to get thru the membership stuff if you dont work days. Wish there was a way around that.
    You wont find a nicer place to shoot in 100 miles or more.
    Once you get past that its a key club and full of good members and folks willing to help.

I was supprised last Sat when it was the first decent day in months and there were only a couple people at the place. :dunno::dunno:

Good for me though checking loads for reloading and playing with the Saiga.

During the week for us second shift types the place is a ghost town a lot of days so its easy to use the 300 yd range. I just wish we had a cart to make it quicker to run down and pull targets when sighting in.

johncarbaugh

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Logansport
    I have been thinking about joining. I have a friend at work that would sponsor me and I know an old friend Frank that is there all the time probably would. I just could not go to much working second shift.

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    If my Daughter decides on Prudue than I'm joining. Gives me a good excuse to go up there (Prudue).:D Now if she decides on IU I don't what I'll do, gun club wise and not the school.

Last edited:
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 3, 2008
    central indiana
    I am getting close to retirement. That's one of the reasons that I would like to become a member. It will give me something to do after retirement.

Do you mean they allow potential members to help set up and participate in some of the activities prior to becoming a menber?

most of the events on the calendar are open to the public, and help setting up is always welcome..
    what kind of shooting are you interested in? if you like shotgun the trap / skeet events are run every week...

if IDPA, we are not starting that till april...

Top Bottom