• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kickbacked

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    We have a lot of barn cats around here. I fail to see what issues they cause? Sure if you have a chicken farm or something like that i could see it being an issue. I've never seen a herd of stray cats take down a cow before though... As far as rabbits, im a softy. I enjoy watching them chase each other around.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I think per the DNR you can trap them in your yard if they are harming your property (garden) but you must release them unharmed I think.
    Don't take my word on it, look it up or call the DNR. You wouldn't think it would be a big deal to start killing wild rabbits in a residential neighborhood but now days you will get a longer jail sentence poaching than you will for murder of a human. Don't **** with the DNR, they aren't nice from what I've read.

Mike H

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Vincennes
    We have rabbits and squirrels in the neighborhood.
    As a kid I grew up hunting and eating them.
    They will always have a special place in my heart.
    I know some will think they are vermin, but they are a natural part of all things wild.
    Feral cats....now that's another story.

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 14, 2011
    ECI

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    Our dog has ran off all of the wildlife from our back yard. She would sit perfectly still out back for hours, until a bird, squirrel, rabbit, got too close. She has even rid the yard of moles, or gophers, whatever they are. 2 years ago, before we got her, it was a real bumpy ride trying to mow the back yard due to all the gopher tunnels, but I haven't seen a tunnel since.

We have everything from Eagles to Bobcats around here, and it seems like they have really become much more common in the last 5 years or so, so I don't see near as many rabbits as I used to.

CQB

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Jul 4, 2012
    Central North Forty
    Nothing new here. Indiana is a rabbit utopia. I see 15-20 everyday without even looking for them. There are also abundant amounts of every other common critter in residential areas. The only two things I've seen more of then ever before in the last couple years are coyotes and red fox. Especially the fox. I've seen probably fifteen or so in the last year. Used to only see them as road kill once in awhile. I will say the rabbits seem to be the best at avoiding traffic. Can't remember the last time I saw a flat bunny.

92LX

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 20, 2012
    We have rabbits, squirrels, raccoons, opossum, fox, coyote, ground hogs, moles, muskrats, bison, deer, cats, dogs, birds, chickens, mice, snakes, fish, turtles, salamanders, and insects. We don't have an animal problem, though.

I'm sorry to hear you have a rabbit problem. How dare they encroach into your natural human habitat.

Sounds like the the menu of the Tazmanian Devil while explaining what he eats to Bugs Bunny.

Top Bottom