• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Limpy88

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Nov 12, 2009
    Lafayette
    I'm working nights and when I come home I see 10-15 rabbits in various yards as a
    I drive though my neighbor hood. I know for a fact the white trash family across the street have a burrow of them under their back tree. Any one else have animal problem in thier neighborhood.

RedneckReject

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 6, 2012
    Indianapolis
    My problem has more to do with the owners of the insomniac rooster in the yard behind me. I'm starting to think it never sleeps....ever. In all seriousness though we don't have a lot of rabbit problems. We do, however, have TONS of stray cats. It's unbelievable. I think I may start TNRing some of them this summer now that they're coming around more.

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan
    We have rabbits, squirrels, raccoons, opossum, fox, coyote, ground hogs, moles, muskrats, bison, deer, cats, dogs, birds, chickens, mice, snakes, fish, turtles, salamanders, and insects. We don't have an animal problem, though.

I'm sorry to hear you have a rabbit problem. How dare they encroach into your natural human habitat.

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 14, 2011
    ECI
    We have rabbits, squirrels, raccoons, opossum, fox, coyote, ground hogs, moles, muskrats, bison, deer, cats, dogs, birds, chickens, mice, snakes, fish, turtles, salamanders, and insects. We don't have an animal problem, though.

I'm sorry to hear you have a rabbit problem. How dare they encroach into your natural human habitat.

:laugh:

Sounds like a good thing. Plenty of readily available meat when the SHTF. :rockwoot:

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Load them up and bring them to my place. I love animules.

db15bfb524a6ee3ce47987811505ce46.jpg

587601923ec58dfcba18105a5affa505.jpg

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    My neighborhood is full of them too. I usually get at least one family in my yard each year. plus I catch them digging holes in the yard.

I would like to be rid of them. I can't shoot them though.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    Don't have bunnies that much, wish I did, yum. Had some squirrels but a colony of feral cats moved through and deprived me of those. See a fox or two around once in a while; thinking about making them a den, but the meth lab is such a spaz she'd scare them off. Possums and coons aplenty, and I hear some yotes once in a while. Thought this was supposed to be Carmel.

Caleb

Making whiskey, one batch at a time!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    this threads me to ask a question...what can be legally done to get rid of wild house cats out in the country?

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 14, 2011
    ECI
    this threads me to ask a question...what can be legally done to get rid of wild house cats out in the country?

We have that problem around here too. Our local Sheriff told my neighbor to, "deal with them as you feel necessary and I'll leave it at that" as he gave a smile then turned around and walked away.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008

There's always 17 Remington Fireball. I don't see any cats around me. I think they Yotes take care of them. The bastards get all the rabbits as well.

JokerGirl

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2012
    NW Indy

We shoot them, much to the dismay of the touchy feely people that love their cats.

They're a nuisance to our natural wildlife. A cat on my property doesn't make it far.

Limpy88

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Nov 12, 2009
    Lafayette
    I would like to catch the rabbits but they r never on my property, my dog would get them.

Ppl get rid of the rabbits predators, but keep the rabbits cause they r cute be never think of thr devastion they can cause do to over population.

We did have an owl last summer. I don't here him now.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    Damn if the meth lab didn't zone in on the shed tonight, and upon investigation I find we have a litter of possums in there. Cute little rat sized things. I wonder if the neighbors would trade for the squirrels they apparently have in their shed. Stuff you find out when you have kids. Anyone have some possum recipes?

hoosierdaddy1976

I Can't Believe it's not Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Mar 17, 2011
    newton county
    Damn if the meth lab didn't zone in on the shed tonight, and upon investigation I find we have a litter of possums in there. Cute little rat sized things. I wonder if the neighbors would trade for the squirrels they apparently have in their shed. Stuff you find out when you have kids. Anyone have some possum recipes?
    find somebody with an older copy of "the joy of cooking" and you will find a recipe for possum.

rgrimm01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    Sullivan County, IN
    Urban rabbits, manna for all feral cats and dogs. I find them to be somewhat fascinating. We do not plant a garden and the more flowers they eat are that much less that I have to mow around. I saw one today eating dandelions (yeaaah). Bit the stem off at the bottom then ate it like a wood chipper working over a limb.

Saw a possum walk across the neighbors yard, climb up a tree and on to the neighbors house. Must have a way into the attic or down the chimney? He went about it like business as usual so I figure this is a routine...

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    Barn cats don't bother me much. They kills the mouses dead.
    As for rabbits, I have noticed more and more urban rabbits invading our wild space. The wild rabbits around here need to take their streets back.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    I found that the "Joy of Cooking" has the possum recipe at least up to 1962, so I have a bid on a nice 1956 copy. I'm thinkin I'll be building a cage next week, get the mother if possible and all the babies, feed them up to adulthood, and have a feast. The rest of the family will probably pee their pants.

Top Bottom