• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cornbread

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 7, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I am looking for a place to go for wild boar. I have seen 2 places in Tenn and 2 in Ohio. Has anyone here ever done this. I don't want a canned hunt so I am a little unsure of where to book a hunt. Any help

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    I went and shot a wild boar in Tenn. It was near Crossville. I am not positive on what you call canned, but you will kill a boar.

I shot mine with a .44 magnum. It is a sure thing.

mx_chick_42

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    Syracuse, IN
    there is a ranch near bremen, IN that has boars to hunt. havent been there but have heard about it. also my b/f has gone bore hunting in southern IN

RATATTACK

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2010
    THERE IS A PLACE IN SOUTHERN OHIO I AM IN THE PROCESS OF GETTING HUNTERS TOGETHER FOR THIS HUNT IF YOU ARE INTERESTED CONTACT E-MAIL IMUSTHUNT247@YAHOO.COM THERE HAS BEEN RUSSIA BOAR KILLED IT WAS 550LBS [OWNERS WIFE]

Old Syko

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Been to Caryona twice. The first time was in 1983 and the second was just a few years back. The first time was great and the second was a bit disapointing. The first time was like going on a real hunt. Our guide's name was Button. He was a local with a lot of color that made the trip worthwhile. Button had died just the week before we went back the last time and the new guys just didn't measure up. It is certainly a canned hunt.

If you want the real deal look to South Carolina, or south Georga or Alabama. The difference is worth the drive. Those little Texas razorbacks are fun but reminded me a lot of rabbit hunting around here. Just wasn't the same thing.

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Tampa, FL
    I've done a couple wild hunts in the general area. I did one in upstate New York that was Old Stone Fence hunting preserve that was a canned hunt. I was generally unimpressed but I brought a rifle. Probably would have been more interesting with a bow.

My second was in Missouri where it wasn't a canned hunt but the hogs weren't as wild as some other ferals I had dealt with. This was "easier" than the canned hunt and I learned a lesson about wild pigs - that they are pretty easy when not pressured, fences or not.

The final was a trip I made to Florida and did one of the knife hunts around Lake Okeechobee. This was hands down the most awesome hunt I've ever done. His website looks pretty hokey and they get some real characters there with some of their spear hunting, sword hunting, hatchet hunting...etc.... but I will say the experience was well worth the trip and a bargain at about 245 bucks out the door. Here's a link to their site: Affordable Wild Boar Hunting Rates You can use anyone but I highly recommend you hunt boar behind dogs if you can. The mere fact of knowing they're being hunted changes hogs completely from a generally ok hunt to one of the most exciting hunts this side of the pond.

I haven't been to that Bremen, Indiana place but I live only 20 minutes from them and talked to them on the phone the other day. I've been wanting to do one of those Texas Sheep slams and I will probably start with them. I'll let you know how it goes.

Tim

xHwyLT

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2011
    Monroe
    There is a place called Tioga Boar Hunting Preserve in PA, near Philly. I heard it was pretty good. Your can google them under their name.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom