• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • OVERTHEHILLGUY

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    NEAR GREENWOOD, INDI
    :dunno: Please tell me more about w-w range. where is it? what type of pistol ranges do they have, is there a range officer there? Do they have a web site? Please tell more about ALL the ranges. PHOTOS WOULD BE NICE. MANY THANKS!

Last edited:

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    No, range rules you have to read and attest to as you fill out your card clearly states, "NO Shooting at anything other than targets placed on stands". A Reno no no if you get caught blasting an ol CPU, bottles or cans.

spoke78

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 16, 2008
    Hancock County
    How do you volunteer for helping them build the roof shelters or benches or just general range cleanup and maintenance? I don't have any additional money to throw their way(my taxes should cover that) but I do have the time to help with their projects. I am all about keeping the public range free and get it upgraded to boot.

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    How do you volunteer for helping them build the roof shelters or benches or just general range cleanup and maintenance? I don't have any additional money to throw their way(my taxes should cover that) but I do have the time to help with their projects. I am all about keeping the public range free and get it upgraded to boot.
    That is what I am wondering, if they would let vol. help....

spoke78

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 16, 2008
    Hancock County
    I would really like to see some concrete under the shelters! I would be more than happy to help make that happen. I was out there last weekend and it was flooded under the rifle range but only soggy under the pistol benches. Plus the concrete would make for easier brass collection. :D

spoke78

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 16, 2008
    Hancock County
    I like that range and the one in Quakertown (Brookville). It has concrete slabs, nice benches and shelters.

Woohoo! my 50th post! I'm off to the classifieds....

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I just arrived at wwr - it's closed today (sunday 1/31) - lack of r.o.

But there's a job opportunity for someone if they look up the website I bet.

bigus_D

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    Country Side
    I just arrived at wwr - it's closed today (sunday 1/31) - lack of r.o.

But there's a job opportunity for someone if they look up the website I bet.

That is disconcerning! WW is a hour drive for me... I'd be pissed if I drove out there to find it closed on a day it is scheduled to be opened. Whatever happened to the days when I could go out there without even seeing an RO? (i'm only talking a couple of years ago)

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Yes, a little disappointed. I came from Indy, so I was wishing I would have checked before I'd driven that far out.
    I know they are closed mondays and tuesdays and that's fine.

That's life, spilt milk under the bridge, etc.

I'll call them everytime I want to go there - they'll be annoyed, but gas isn't cheap.

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    There was a telephone number posted on the gate explaining that they wanted job applicants. I didn't write it down but I'll check the website for info. There's an information office right across 103 from the range entry. They gotta have someone occupying that. Maybe not, though.

csm47362

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 95.8%
    23   1   0
    Jun 12, 2009
    New Castle, IN
    Wow that suck. The weather has kept me away for a few weeks, but I would not be happy about showing up to only find it closed. I hope they get someone soon.

Top Bottom