• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ryang

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 27, 2011
    I am going tomorrow with some friends (all of us 20-21 and have been shooting for years) and was asked by my little sister (13 years old) to come with us. Does anyone know the rules about this at Wilbur Wright? I know at many ranges she has to have a parent with her.

Fullmag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 4, 2011
    Not sure, seen many young kids there, all ages. Being a Thursday, it should be slow day at the range.

Vic_Mackey

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Beastside
    Not to many unobvious rules. My grief is that the pistol range isn't different ranges, (ya know, 10,15,20 yards, etc) and no holster fire, no holstered guns, and no rapid fire (shot every second). Other then that it's a nice range and a good place to test fire and coonfinger other peoples guns!

turnerdye1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    North Central IN
    A friend and I went to Wilbur Wright and it was dead! So we asked the range officer if we could do reloading drills and double tap and he said go for it. We went up to about 7yards on the pistol and 30yards on the rifle.

That doesnt happen often, there usually is atleast a couple people there but I still enjoy going to that range. Plus its free so you cant hate it lol

ryang

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 27, 2011
    It is located just outside of new castle. We went today and everything went well. Pistol range was filled up when we arrived, however before we left (about 2 hours later) we had it all to ourselves. Had a great day shooting all different types of guns and already looking forward to our next tome out

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Greenfield
    Havent been up there in a few years, but the DNR officer that hangs out up there is very strict with signing in. You have to fill out a small card with your personal info and he will ask you for it if he shows up. Its Not too bad to shoot there as long as its not crowded.

Vic_Mackey

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Beastside
    The pistol is 50, rifle 100. That's my only complaint. Can't adjust the range of pistol targets, so you learn to snipe with a .45. Or do what I have done, and go to the shotgun side and set some things up. As long as you don't rapid fire, they usually don't say anything. Oh, and no holster fire either (stupid)

Vic_Mackey

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Beastside
    A friend and I went to Wilbur Wright and it was dead! So we asked the range officer if we could do reloading drills and double tap and he said go for it. We went up to about 7yards on the pistol and 30yards on the rifle.

That doesnt happen often, there usually is atleast a couple people there but I still enjoy going to that range. Plus its free so you cant hate it lol

WHOA! Must have been the younger guy. Haven't seen him since I let him shoot my tacticool Mossy. Poor guy was shooting one of my 3 inch Nitro Mag HD rounds and put his nose on the side shell carrier. My buddy noticed just a split second to late and BOOM! bloody nose bahahaha! He was cool about it, said he couldn't believe he was that dumb :laugh:

tgmorris99

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 17, 2011
    Westfield
    The active rifle range is 50 yards and the pistol range is 25 yards. There's a 100 yard range but it's currently closed to everything except shotgun for the foreseeable future.

Top Bottom