• ...and so much more!
  • DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    NO NO NO She is trying to infect you with Mosinitis!!!!! Next thing you know she'll want you to get a Finn, then its all over with. :D

But seriously, congrats, you got a good one! Perhaps you should show her some pics of a Finn M39 with the marbled wood? Be a good quick way of getting probably the finest version of the Mosin.;)

Like this one? :D
    IMG_1676.jpg

IMG_1677.jpg

IMG_1675.jpg

IMG_1679.jpg

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    That is one unique stock! The repairs certainly give it some character. :yesway:
    Thanks! I read that the "plugs" were sometimes used as repairs, and sometimes used to replace "unit disks" (identifying the unit to which the rifle was issued). Since this one is a post-war refurbished stock, I suspect they were repairs, at least the three that are right next to each other.

nathan27bryans

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2012
    My wife has been coming around to guns over the years. Took her shooting yesterday so I could sight in my .50 cal muzzleloader, she totally took it over and I only shot it 3 times in 3 hours. Jab, she came home with the bruse this time. Took over my new crossbow too. This morning she says "i am thinking I should get my concealed carry permit"......Haha, I have changed her!

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    On a hill in Perry C
    Thanks! I read that the "plugs" were sometimes used as repairs, and sometimes used to replace "unit disks" (identifying the unit to which the rifle was issued). Since this one is a post-war refurbished stock, I suspect they were repairs, at least the three that are right next to each other.

Looking at the grain at the bottom under the three plugs there might have been a knot or other weak area in the wood so the stockmaker cleaned out the area and put in the plugs.

schafe

Master
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Monroe Co.
    ..... Anyone else have a supportive spouse that likes it when you get what you want?.....
    My wife encouraged me to purchase a new AR during the last 1500 we attended. When I didn't find what I wanted, she seemed truly disappointed.
    She felt much better when I came home from a trip to Bradis with a new RockRiver.
    It's good to keep the ladies happy, eh? :):

n9iui

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I think your wife is great! My wife shoots with me, but she is a penny pincher!

Yep, same for me. My wife shoots all my handguns but just isn't interested in long guns. She's mentioned though that she thinks I have enough :(
    I still need an AR and want to add some American surplus to the Ruskies I already have.

scsbronco

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 30, 2012
    This is the very reason I have a pink 10/22. I built it for my wife.I get alot of looks when I take it to the range. When I shoot steel or bring back the targets it prints it useally gets real quite though...

Light

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 9, 2012
    Near Fort Wayne
    My girlfriend is more into animals than guns.

Tried convincing her that instead of buying a $460 ball python, she could buy a WASR instead.

She's still not convinced. :dunno:

Top Bottom