• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cemetery-man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Bremen
    If anyone has a good hickory switch, I'd like to borrow it to give the wife a good old fashioned, over-the-knee pain in the butt. :rolleyes:

I've been saving to get me the rifle of my dreams and finally had the funds in my account. That was until I found out she had ran up a credit card bill of almost $2,000 for a computer we don't even have anymore! So my "almost" dream rifle transformed into the form of a check to Radio Shack!:xmad:

I better at least get lobster at Bonefish for this one.

Cemetery-man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Bremen
    Oops. Actually I thought for sure I posted this in the Break Room. Don't know what happened.

btw, make that a BIG ol' switch. You haven't seen the size of her butt! ;)
    (God, I hope she never sees this or I can forget that lobster and expect a Knott on the head!)

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    she had ran up a credit card bill of almost $2,000 for a computer we don't even have anymore.

You're gonna have to explain that one. You can get a HIGH end, decked-out gaming desktop for less than that these days. I gotta hear the whole story.

Andre46996

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Hammond
    You're gonna have to explain that one. You can get a HIGH end, decked-out gaming desktop for less than that these days. I gotta hear the whole story.

From the sound of his post I am thinking it might have been from an "Adult Toy Store" and he just didn't want to post that.:laugh:

MoparMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Wow, i thought this was going to be interesting with the wife spanking title.:rolleyes:

Should have known it was about computers when i saw Scutter name in this thread.:D

MoparMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Naughty%20wife.jpg

Cemetery-man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Bremen

Now you're going to be even more amazed. You might remember when AST 286 computers arrived on scene and cost a little over $1000 at RadioShack? Shortly after the Vic 20's and the Commodore 64's. A not so long time ago!

I remember the computer and the purchase and figured it had been payed off many years ago. Wrong! Turns out there have been several more "small" buys over the years and in the end that "state of the art" AST 286 blazer ended up costing me "$1,989.13 today + payments! I knew I should have bought a Dell!

Maybe I'll demand 2 lobsters!:)

You can get a HIGH end, decked-out gaming desktop

And back then that's exactly what the AST 286 was! LOL

Last edited:

Wabatuckian

Smith-Sights.com
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    Wabash
    The most expensive unit at my local Radio Shack (Mitting's Electronics first, Radio Shack second) is around $800, last I checked. It was a custom built deal designed to deal with intensive graphics software, and was almost mainframe power in a box.

Josh

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Now you're going to be even more amazed. You might remember when AST 286 computers arrived on scene and cost a little over $1000 at RadioShack? Shortly after the Vic 20's and the Commodore 64's. A not so long time ago!

I remember the computer and the purchase and figured it had been payed off many years ago. Wrong! Turns out there have been several more "small" buys over the years and in the end that "state of the art" AST 286 blazer ended up costing me "$1,989.13 today + payments! I knew I should have bought a Dell!

Maybe I'll demand 2 lobsters!:)

And back then that's exactly what the AST 286 was! LOL

I'm still confused. Are you saying that $2,000 was on that card for the last 20 years and you didn't know about it?

...And yes, I remember 286's with no small amount of hatred. I remember needing to remove 24 screws to get the cases off and I remember trying to configure freaking microchannel controllers back before there was the internet or even WAIS where you could download drivers and documentation.

spasmo

ಠ_ಠ
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I'm still confused. Are you saying that $2,000 was on that card for the last 20 years and you didn't know about it?

...And yes, I remember 286's with no small amount of hatred. I remember needing to remove 24 screws to get the cases off and I remember trying to configure freaking microchannel controllers back before there was the internet or even WAIS where you could download drivers and documentation.

hehehe... I didn't read any further.. :)

Cemetery-man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Bremen

That's exactly right! I didn't even realize we still had a card since I haven't seen one for many years and just assumed it had been paid off long ago. I'll have to hand it to her it must have been very nerve-racking and a lot of work keeping it from me. I never pay much attention to the bills though. I have always been one of those that simply hands the money to the wife on payday and let her write the checks. I imagine she will have a great feeling of relief tonight when she gets home from work and finds out that it is all over. A few times I do remember seeing a Radioshack envelope but just figured it was more junk mail.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom