• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    Wife’s into guns carries and has her own AR she has a old bushmaster A2 style. She prefers iron sites from her military time.

Should I wait and see if the H&R has more reviews?
    It’s supposed to be a direct copy of the colt.

Or maybe a MP5 clone?

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Wife’s into guns carries and has her own AR she has a old bushmaster A2 style. She prefers iron sites from her military time.

Should I wait and see if the H&R has more reviews?
    It’s supposed to be a direct copy of the colt.

Or maybe a MP5 clone?
    Are you looking for something functional, or just something cool?

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    I guess kool I don’t need it for anything.
    If you need someone to talk you out of it...

It's only sorta cool. A real Colt would be cool. This is a clone, and the brace that comes on it is goofy looking and undersized. An SBA3 or similar brace is what this pistol needs. That adds another $100 or so. But Colt mag fed AR9s don't have the most stellar reputation for reliability. Do an internet search for "Colt AR9 problems" and it will be easier to talk yourself out of this.

Then there's the cost. $1100? For an AR9? Really? Cool or not, unreliable guns are not interesting, especially north of 10 bills. Plenty of options in the $600-$800 range for a cool, reliable braced 9mm pistol, and many of them take dime-a-dozen Glock mags. Or as mentioned above, a CZ Scorpion is very cool.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana

NyleRN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg
    I had an AR9 that I built using glock mags. It ran like a top, unsuppressed and suppressed. Only thing was I hated the blowback action. Same reason I don't have a Sub2K anymore either. Sold the AR9 and bought a roller lock and did a 2 stamp. I made one exception for a blowback 9mm. And it's a absolute hoot to shoot. But good luck finding it around $1K anymore
    20210710_182032.jpg

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    I get the .mil discount on CZ stuff I might buy one of them scorpion things. I might considering the Stribog thing or a MP5 clone.

So still thinking!

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    I had an AR9 that I built using glock mags. It ran like a top, unsuppressed and suppressed. Only thing was I hated the blowback action. Same reason I don't have a Sub2K anymore either. Sold the AR9 and bought a roller lock and did a 2 stamp. I made one exception for a blowback 9mm. And it's a absolute hoot to shoot. But good luck finding it around $1K anymore
    View attachment 380247
    You know this is what European people think an American table looks like every day.

Top Bottom