• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    I'm planning to get in on archery season next year and am searching out crossbows. I have no experience and or knowledge with crossbows and very little with vertical bows. I've seen a few packages for Wicked Ridge crossbows online, particularly the "Warrior" model, that interests me.

Anyone have experience with them or have suggestions for other crossbows $300-$500 range?

redfox033

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 5, 2013
    Newburgh
    I've been looking at these as well, I'm leaning towards the Invader because it has the draw assist. I've heard good things about Wicked Ridge for the price.

AGarbers

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Martinsville
    My wife shoots a WR crossbow and I like it. It has the built-in draw ropes. However. I like my new Native crossbow even better. It is about a third smaller and lighter. They are made here in Indiana.

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    Update: A few weeks ago I went to the Great Outdoors in Jasper and the guys there let me shoot a lot of different bows. Ended up taking home a TenPoint Titan Xtreme for a price far below what I had found online. Choice was narrowed down to a Parker, which was really light but ultimately ended up going with the Titan.

Had another buddy offer me a deal on his Excalibur Exocet- had everything needed to hunt and more. But for the money difference I opted for the Titan and figured I could get into something else later if I didn't like it. So far, I do. I might end up putting an Accudraw on it, mainly just to speed up practice sessions.

Appreciate the input!

Willie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 24, 2010
    Warrick County
    The TenPoint Titan Xtreme is an excellent bow.

What cocking device came on it?

The AcuDraw (crank) is actually slower than the ACuDraw 50 (Hand pulled) for shooting. Easier though.

I preferred the AcuDraw 50 until I finally got to a stage that even pulling that was tough. My new TenPoint Stealth SS has an AcuDraw on it.

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    The TenPoint Titan Xtreme is an excellent bow.

What cocking device came on it?

The AcuDraw (crank) is actually slower than the ACuDraw 50 (Hand pulled) for shooting. Easier though.

I preferred the AcuDraw 50 until I finally got to a stage that even pulling that was tough. My new TenPoint Stealth SS has an AcuDraw on it.

It didn't come with a cocking device but I would like to put a 50 on it. I ordered what I thought was a 50 but when it came it didn't fit (guess it was for Wicked Ridge bows??). Can't say this it's really a necessity but I do think it would allow more time in practice for shooting than getting it cocked.

I checked out a Stealth- very nice. :yesway:

Willie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 24, 2010
    Warrick County
    The Wicked Ridge takes an Acu 52.

A plain old rope cocking aid will work. It is just not as handy as the AcuDraw 50 is self contained on the stock.

shinkle

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    johnson county
    I am a huge 10 pt. fan but native crossbows is a real nice bow. they are a new company, and like said above they are made here in Indiana. very nice and friendly. they definitely go out of their way to promote and educate crossbow safety and hunting.

Top Bottom