• ...and so much more!
  • MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    Because we can

I don't know how many pair of shoes I have, I don't really care. I have enough to fit any need that may arise. it's a few more than Snap, a lot less than 50.

I don't care if people notice, I don't do it for them. I do it for me.

Shadow

AKA: Uncle Shadow
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 28, 2009
    In the shadows
    And there you have it .
    I cant believe you ( Que ) actually asked a question like that , come on your old enough to know better , your never going to understand a woman's way of thinking . Its just not meant to be - for any man to be able to figure it out , its one of them mysteries of life .

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I don't know Que, but I can tell you that our granddaughter that just turned one last month is OBSESSED with shoes already. Not necessarily with wearing them, but just WITH them. Doesn't matter if it's her shoes, DoggyMama's shoes or even MY shoes. She just loves shoes. Ironic considering that up until just a few months ago, she didn't want anything on her feet - not socks, not shoes, not her blanket. If she is typical, then it would appear that the fascination with shoes begins sometime between age 8 months and one year.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Someone has to say it.

Many, not all, women think that thinks like fancy shoes, jewelry, the latest clothes, sunglasses, hairstyle, perfume....will take men's minds off of their unattractive traits (real or perceived).

Ladies- doesn't work. Either we find you attractive or not- regardless of or because of some of the traits you're trying to mask. This is why you go out and spend big on something you see as a big change and we may not notice. For the most part, we don't care. You do. Other women may....we don't.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Before anyone even tries, do not compare this to guns, power tools, knives or anything with any real purpose or provides enjoyment. Why do women love shoes so much?

The question is moot.

All that matters is that they do love them and you either accommodate that love or suffer. Reasons, logic (or lack thereof), rationale . . . none of this matters because It Is So and none of us can do a damn thing to change it.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Someone has to say it.

Many, not all, women think that thinks like fancy shoes, jewelry, the latest clothes, sunglasses, hairstyle, perfume....will take men's minds off of their unattractive traits (real or perceived).

Ladies- doesn't work. Either we find you attractive or not- regardless of or because of some of the traits you're trying to mask. This is why you go out and spend big on something you see as a big change and we may not notice. For the most part, we don't care. You do. Other women may....we don't.

I disagree with this completely. Women almost always dress for other women not for men.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I disagree with this completely. Women almost always dress for other women not for men.

...Once they have a man. Before that, they think they are dressing for men, though as it turns out, it's based solely upon what their girlfriends think men like...and therefore, is actually dressing for other women.

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    I'm a guy that owns quite a few pairs of shoes, but they all serve a purpose.
    I've got:
    A good pair of tennis shoes for daily use
    An old pair for doing yard work
    Black dress shoes
    Brown dress shoes
    Work boots
    A pair of flip flops

The only pair I have that doesn't serve a legitimate purpose are a pair of ridiculous looking Italian loafers I got to wear as a joke.

Now take my mother. She has literally two closets of shoes, many of which haven't been worn in excess of a decade. There will be no talk of removing them though. Even the ones that don't fit well must stay. It's like some sort of hoarding tendency or something.

I know you said not to compare them to guns, but I think it's a pretty fair comparison. To fill all of my shootings needs I'd need maybe 4 firearms, but I've got several times that many because I enjoy them. Sure they all serve the purpose of being used to shoot whatever needs shot, but at the same time all of a woman's shoes serve the basic purpose of protecting the feet.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    I know a man (don't ask who!) who probably has 50+ pairs of Air Jordans, no kidding. And he wears them to match his outfits. He's not as weird as that makes him sound, actually.

O.k, the first thing I see wrong with this statement is that "MEN" don't wear "Outfits"! Secondly, yes, it does make him sound weird, actually!:n00b:

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    There is a difference between loving shoes and owning shoes. I don't love them, but I have enough to meet most of my footwear needs. (Of course that is open to interpretation.)

Agreed. Some people who own firearms are collectors, some are shooters, etc. I'm guessing shoes for women and men for that matter is similar. Some collect vs just having what's functional, or backup pairs.

I have functional shoes, but have been known to buy 2 pairs of the same shoe and put one back, if they are a good price. But then again, I carry Glocks and go by the one is none, two is one theory there as well.

Last edited:

kmoffett71

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2015
    Plainfield
    Depending on the shoe they can make our legs look sexier, or longer. What 5' woman doesn't want 6' looking legs....just saying...I love heels and love how they look.

Top Bottom