• ...and so much more!
  • Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Before anyone even tries, do not compare this to guns, power tools, knives or anything with any real purpose or provides enjoyment. Why do women love shoes so much?

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    It ain't just women. I know a few guys who have the same problem.

And to answer your question, because they have to match their outfit. Or they buy shoes so they can buy another outfit......or purse.......or watch.......this list never ends. In scientific terms....chicken or the egg.

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    I keep getting a divide by zero error. I think it's the same thing as why they talk about problems that they are not trying to solve...... so, I guess maybe bad wiring? Faulty logic board?

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    My wife had about 40 pairs of shoes. Her reasoning was simple. She wanted them. I learned early life was easier she you didn't defy feminine logic!

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    They get shoes, we get guns... Seems fair to me.

Oops, Que, did I violate your premise?

Actually, my wife does not own many pairs of shoes. Probably 30 at most. But your post made me think of Imelda Marcos:

Imelda Marcos' legendary 3,000 plus shoe collection destroyed by termites, floods and neglect | Daily Mail Online

We all know why we buy guns, but why is there a need for so many pairs of shoes?

It ain't just women. I know a few guys who have the same problem.

And to answer your question, because they have to match their outfit. Or they buy shoes so they can buy another outfit......or purse.......or watch.......this list never ends. In scientific terms....chicken or the egg.

How many outfits does one need? It's a waste of resources.

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    129   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    I know a man (don't ask who!) who probably has 50+ pairs of Air Jordans, no kidding. And he wears them to match his outfits. He's not as weird as that makes him sound, actually.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Before anyone even tries, do not compare this to guns, power tools, knives or anything with any real purpose or provides enjoyment. Why do women love shoes so much?

Not all of us do. Give me a pair of Birkenstocks, a pair of New Balances, and some kind of black loafers that pass for dress shoes, and I'm a happy girl.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    There is a difference between loving shoes and owning shoes. I don't love them, but I have enough to meet most of my footwear needs. (Of course that is open to interpretation.)

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I have five (5) sets of footwear.

#1) Rockports. This pair is standard issue walking around. They are worn the most. Brown and simple.
    #2) Teva tennis shoes. This pair is waterproof tennis shoes. Worn when raining or light snow or slush.
    #3) Ecco walking shoes. For working outdoors or extended walking trips. This is the same make & model I wore backpacking around Europe for 40 days.
    #4) Ecco dress shoes. For dress occasions. Not much else. I bought this pair when I ran for city council. They still look great.
    #5) Boots. For bad snowy days. Nothing else.

See, a guy normally is functional. Don't do construction or heavy work outside? Don't wear steel toed boots. Simple.

Women? It isn't a shoe. It is a fashion accessory. It is about what will make them look good in combination with their attire. Functionality gives way to social and peer pressure to look fine. Ergo, many outfits require many variations of makeup and accessories to present a perfect presentation.

This also explains how many a man has been suckered into marriage.

Regards,

Doug

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    They get shoes, we get guns... Seems fair to me.

Oops, Que, did I violate your premise?

Actually, my wife does not own many pairs of shoes. Probably 30 at most. But your post made me think of Imelda Marcos:

Imelda Marcos' legendary 3,000 plus shoe collection destroyed by termites, floods and neglect | Daily Mail Online

Thats still a LOT of shoes. I own a grand total of 5 pair. And that includes my Muck boots and crappy, stained, grass cutting sneakers.

But much like we dont own ONE gun because "a" gun is all you need to do ALL of your shooting needs, we need more than one pair of shoes to do the job right.

Now if I can only get my wife to let me buy guns like most women buy shoes...

"This is my trap shotgun, this is my skeet gun. This is my sporting clays gun. Oh and this is my EDC for most days, and then this is the EDC for formal events to go into the handsome leather holster, and this is my pocket gun, and this is..."

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Because it looks good and other women notice.

Men's footwear comes in black, brown, and white. There's not much reason to own a bajillion pairs. Women's shoes come in many more varieties, hence a larger collection to have an appopriate match to various outfits. Men's equivalent is more like neck ties. I've got probably 20 ties and 6 fedoras. Why? Because it's nice to have a match to different suits and to be able to mix them up a bit to not look like you are wearing the same thing to work every day.

Top Bottom