• ...and so much more!
  • Spanky46151

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Martinsville
    do people post questions on here that could easily be answered with a simple "Googling"? Thought we were all proponents of self-sufficiency...

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    I don't know, but quit doing it :)

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20100718194611AA5BmOo

Not trying to be rude, but I really do wonder why people post questions on this site that it would be easier and quicker for them to just google? I just saw someone post 'How do I make chicken soup?' When I asked why she didn't just google it, I got a thumbs down and other people posted recipes. Is it just me or does it seem kinda lazy to expect other people to find the recipe and paste it for you instead of just googling it and having a million options pop up? I just don't understand the thinking. Thoughts?

Additional Details

Kimmie... do you really not see the difference between asking opinions about the motive behind certain common behavior on this site and how to make chicken soup??? Hrmm... Her answer aside, there are a lot of good opinions posted. I initially assumed it was laziness (and was therefore irritated) but it could have something to do with wanting social interaction and not knowing what to ask so they just throw up something to get responses from other people. It would certainly fulfill that need I suppose.

Ahhhh....lonely. OK.

That's probably part of it. My question... why after 3 years of membership are you now just questioning it publically? By "googling it" you are simply looking for others' answers. By asking it here and getting more answers, you increase the effectiveness of the google solution that you want them to use in the first place. The internet has tons of information because the questions are continually being asked and answered. Your solution exists because of the issue you are trying to figure out.

Last edited:

jballs

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2013
    because when you google something, you typically get an answer from an unknown source.
    When you are the member of a forum for a period of time, you learn who to trust and who not to, to a point. I've met plenty of real life friends through forums and I trust their opinion over some random strangers on the internet.
    Forum features like "post count" and "reputation" can really help when weighing someone's answer.

Shadow

AKA: Uncle Shadow
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 28, 2009
    In the shadows
    because when you google something, you typically get an answer from an unknown source.
    When you are the member of a forum for a period of time, you learn who to trust and who not to, to a point. I've met plenty of real life friends through forums and I trust their opinion over some random strangers on the internet.
    Forum features like "post count" and "reputation" can really help when weighing someone's answer.
    Holy cow ---------that was a great answer :rockwoot: :welcome: to :ingo: and i hope to see ya stay around :patriot:

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I don't know, but quit doing it :)

That's probably part of it. My question... why after 3 years of membership are you now just questioning it publically? By "googling it" you are simply looking for others' answers. By asking it here and getting more answers, you increase the effectiveness of the google solution that you want them to use in the first place. The internet has tons of information because the questions are continually being asked and answered. Your solution exists because of the issue you are trying to figure out.

A couple of really good answers here^^^^.

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    Speaking of...

I heard they were doing away with concealed carry permits in Indiana at the start of next year. Is that true??? :noob:

:):

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom