• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rgrimm01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    Sullivan County, IN
    Is it remotely possible that he was about to do some serious evacuating of the gastrointestinal tract and went to lay his firearm on the sink while coonfingering the trigger and it discharged? 1) that would be breaking a gun safety rule and 2) surely that discharge would have been immediately followed by the aforementioned evacuation. Kirk weighs in on these, where is he...

Ted

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012
    This happened in Florida?

Was it a guy from the HOA neighborhood patrol?

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 14, 2011
    ECI
    You dirty sink your gonna pay for splashing me you dirty bastage! :draw:

thumbnail.aspx

joale

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 15, 2012
    There are very few that would admit to playing with their weapon and shooting the sink when asked unless they were specifically motivated to generate negative press for Starbucks position and gun carriers in general.

I smell a planned "event" with a payoff.

Even the greatest of fools among us would tend to claim that it "just went off... accidentally" immediately following such an embarrassing public discharge.

:twocents:

Yeah, I agree. Smells fishy...especially being in Florida

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Sounds staged, but is not as good as my favorite restroom accidental/negligent discharge story. While reading a story about accidental/negligent discharges, I was treated to the story of a certain anonymous LEO of the author's acquaintance who carried a 1911 with the grip safety pinned (fail #1 in my reckoning) which he was carrying loose stuck in his waistband. When nature called, he closed the stall door and intending on a, well, more lengthy conference with the porcelain, he proceeded to hang his weapon by the trigger guard on the hook in the stall prompting the trigger to be pressed followed by the weapon recoiling, gyrating about the hook firing until it emptied itself.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    8-O Who in their right mind would hang a gun by the trigger guard? What was he thinking?!

I don't recall that any explanation was given other than that it was a beautiful example of what NOT to do. I read that when I was in seventh or eighth grade--which has been a while. Now that I am thinking, I did omit the explanation for the safety being off--he had an incident prior to this. He had been carrying cocked and locked, unlocked during the incident, and then replaced the weapon without reapplying the safety and later had to go while doing paperwork on the incident.

Top Bottom