• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MarkC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2016
    Mooresville
    I was cringing, I mean CRINGING, while watching that. I also have to blame the buddy instructing his friend, it was clear from the context that he was the one who supposedly knew what he was doing.

I mean CRINGING..... it was like watching a train wreck.

padawan

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    N/A
    I was cringing, I mean CRINGING, while watching that. I also have to blame the buddy instructing his friend, it was clear from the context that he was the one who supposedly knew what he was doing.

Same here. Cringing. I don't understand the hand over the muzzle thing.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana

According to the gun exspurts on INGO it is perfectly fine to point guns at yourself and others.

I, for one, disagree.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Just watched that one around the water cooler with the guys. Soon as he stuck that gun to his hand everyone in unison, "OH NO, OH NO, OH NO," boom! Lesson learned the hard way.

Cannot believe that guy next to him didn't say anything. We all had genuine panic when we saw what he was doing.

I will never understand why people put their hands in front of the muzzle intentionally. I see it ALL of the time. Guy picks up gun, either clears it or doesn't check, puts his palm over the muzzle, and pulls the trigger. :wallbash:

Same here. Cringing. I don't understand the hand over the muzzle thing.

Absolutely, as soon as I saw him put his hand in front of the muzzle, I cringed and said Why?... There are times when you don't see it coming, but this one was just there, and he put it in front of the muzzle more than once.

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Kirk should have put a 'trigger warning' in the thread title, just for you.

:rockwoot:

Trigger warning? I don't need no stinking trigger warning...

However, I can tell you with a modicum of accuracy exactly what that felt like for the poor chap.

We all have our moments.

Regards,

Doug

GunSlinger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 20, 2011
    Right here.
    Good grief!! Did he NOT know at that distance from his hand that the impact point of the round would be about a half inch higher then where the laser was indicating?!?!?!

What a moron...

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN

Same here, it was obvious that he was the one "teaching" the other guy... idiot...

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Ah, Doug...
    I must confess I did think of you, but I don't recall your "incident" seeming to be as foolish as this. ;)

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    I bought an LCP, am used to dragging a 1911 Commander around.
    That little gun, never screwed up with it...........but just its size.
    Like my 16.25" Contender rifle (compared to other).... short stuff and muzzle control.....different.
    Not that you get sloppy, but you are more aware of how easy it is to get sloppy.

Full size gun, laser and see through mitten..............just plain dumbarse.

Can't wait for his appendix carry tutorial.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    I see it ALL of the time. Guy picks up gun, either clears it or doesn't check, puts his palm over the muzzle, and pulls the trigger. :wallbash:

Where exactly are you when see this behavior? Just so I know where to stay away from.;)

I don't get out much, but I have never seen ANYONE put their palm over muzzle and pull the trigger. What possess them to do this?:dunno:

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Ah, Doug...
    I must confess I did think of you, but I don't recall your "incident" seeming to be as foolish as this. ;)

Thank you for the kind words Sir.

While mine was indeed unwise, I NEVER intended to put my hand in front of the loaded firearm.

Above, so no one would get hit, but NOT in front of. (Still stupid of me, not trying to dodge that.)

But, unlike some others here, while watching the video I knew on a personal level what Mr. Dumbguy was about to feel.

Doug

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Saw this video on Facebook this morning. Personally, I scrolled past before it went bang.

Didn't need to be psychic to see where it was headed.:rolleyes:

Top Bottom