• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Video contains the answer of why the Four Rules are a really good idea, even if you have a beard.

All guns are always loaded.
    Never allow the muzzle to cover anything you do not wish to destroy.
    Keep your finger off the trigger until the sights are on target and you are ready to fire.
    Be certain of your target and what is behind it.

Learn them all. Follow them all, Tex.

*WARNING: INGO Rated O for Extreme Knuckleheadedness and Blood/Gore

Second video for those having trouble logging into you tube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=DohgvL4ht5o&app=desktop

[url]http://www.saysuncle.com/2016/04/13/lets-violate-all-four-rules-of-gun-safety-at-once/

[/URL]

Last edited:

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Never let your guard down, even with yourself. Same with owning fast motorcycles, when you quit paying attention, you start to bleed, maybe die.

Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Mishawaka
    Try and tell me he didn't know he had rounds loaded in the mag and one in the chamber. UGH, even if it was in fact unloaded he shouldn't do what he was doing. Either way, major fail!

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    I was actually there when a guy shot his hand trying to clear a jam in a .40 Glock race gun. The desire to be fast overcame his desire to be safe. Hate to see a guy learn the hard way.

hoosier21

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    South Bend
    Not to mention the irresponsible buddy who stood there and let him do it. I had my brother in law at the range last week, who hasn't spent much time around firearms. We went over all the basics at home, at my reloading bench. He did pretty well overall at the range, but I did stop him and correct something a couple times.

funeralweb

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    Earth/East Central I
    Watched, wondering where the fail would make its mark. Oooooohhhhhh!!!!!! Not the hand! Ooooohhhhh heck naw!!!!!
    He might as well try and match up the other hand and make Jesus his annual Halloween costume.

buckstopshere

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Greenwood
    Did he have a light or laser or something on that firearm and he was checking to see if it was working by using his hand? I can't tell and I can't figure out any other reason he would be acting so foolishly.

JollyMon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2012
    Westfield, IN
    I was actually there when a guy shot his hand trying to clear a jam in a .40 Glock race gun. The desire to be fast overcame his desire to be safe. Hate to see a guy learn the hard way.

One time while practicing my draw and presentation while dry firing I caught myself almost pulling the trigger as my support hand had a finger close to the muzzle (I cant be certain if it was covering it or not but it was close). That was my wake-up call to slow down when working with smaller than full frame firearms, it was with my p238. Luckily that was only when dry firing and I caught myself prior to pulling the trigger but still a pucker moment..... I now have an SIRT pistol on order that I plan to do all my dry firing with.

bacon#1

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 3, 2014
    Outside The Matrix
    Just watched that one around the water cooler with the guys. Soon as he stuck that gun to his hand everyone in unison, "OH NO, OH NO, OH NO," boom! Lesson learned the hard way.

Cannot believe that guy next to him didn't say anything. We all had genuine panic when we saw what he was doing.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Why does it look like the camera was handheld?

Maybe it was playing on a CCTV and someone held up their phone to duplicate it. :dunno:

And get a sheet of paper to test the laser!

SteveM4A1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 3, 2013
    Rockport
    I will never understand why people put their hands in front of the muzzle intentionally. I see it ALL of the time. Guy picks up gun, either clears it or doesn't check, puts his palm over the muzzle, and pulls the trigger. :wallbash:

Top Bottom