Why you dont play with guns (why idiots shouldnt have guns)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • nvb

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 20, 2012
    great example of the importance of proper gun etiquette. i have been in a room twice when a gun went off by accident, luckily no one was hit but as your pictures demonstrate, luck was all it was. a gun is not something people can be careless with

schafe

Master
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Monroe Co.
    I imagine that being on the trigger end of a ND like this is only one rung down the horror ladder from being on the muzzle end. For any individual capable of feeling, there would be nightmares for years to come, and rightfully so.

jhaynes

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2012
    Central Indiana
    Can you imagine if the gun had been loaded with a varmint bullet? Would have been devistating damage to the foot. I know the shooter probably feels bad. He should. Let's hope he learned and his habits change for the better. I wish your friend a fast recovery.

ar1973

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 6, 2010
    Story ,IN
    hope he heals quick, but I cant help but wonder how good a friend the shooter will be when the medical bills come rolling in ?:scratch:

El-Cigarro

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    At home healing up from 2 foot surgeries in the last month. Just looking at those photos are enough to make me grit my teeth!:nailbite:

nucone

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    Arkansas in the Ozarks
    Hope your friend has a speedy recovery. After several episodes of the HGTV show Renovation Realities, I have concluded that there are just some people who should not be allowed to either rent or purchase power tools. Sadly, despite my beliefs regarding the second amendment, after reading stories like this, I am beginning to come around to the view that there are also some people who should not be allowed to have guns.

Glock

Marksman
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Mar 25, 2012
    So if the guy on the trigger end owns the rifle I vote he gives it to the guy he shot. That's the least he can do. Maybe promise to take some safety and training classes.

strokin7.3

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 23, 2012
    Hancock County
    hope he heals quick, but I cant help but wonder how good a friend the shooter will be when the medical bills come rolling in ?:scratch:
    Thats what im worried about.

Ouch!! At least the bullet went all the way through.
    Are they still friends?
    as of now, I think im more upset about it than he is.

well.. at least it didn't tumble or expand.. much if any.
    thankfully, and also good no bullet fragmenting either. as bad as it is it could have definitely been worse.

So if the guy on the trigger end owns the rifle I vote he gives it to the guy he shot. That's the least he can do. Maybe promise to take some safety and training classes.
    I just hope he has to sell all his guns to pay for the medical bills. the world will be a much safer place.

looney2ns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2011
    Evansville, In
    Hope your friend has a speedy recovery. After several episodes of the HGTV show Renovation Realities, I have concluded that there are just some people who should not be allowed to either rent or purchase power tools. Sadly, despite my beliefs regarding the second amendment, after reading stories like this, I am beginning to come around to the view that there are also some people who should not be allowed to have guns.

Ain't it the truth. My wife and I do lots of groaning while watching that show.
    :rolleyes:

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    Interesting, mind PMing me [what you know] about how it happened? Obviously you don't want to post it publicly but I'm willing to take a grain of salt with it and am curious :).

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom