• actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    NASA - Space Program Benefits: NASA?s Positive Impact on Society
    The money invested in space has been returned. This list is of some of the benefits.

I just think they need to let business get in the game. Then you will see it take off.
    Backe in the day, it took a nation's resources. Now, not so much.

Saying why spend money on space is similiar to saying why see what's on the west side of the Atlantic, hundreds of years ago.
    Why would NASA need 5 Armalite AR15's?

Why do we need NASA period?? beyond the scope of satellites, etc... space exploration is a huge waste of our tax dollars. We live here and will never live anywhere else. Why not use that money for some good, such as housing our homeless, Vets, curing diseases and the like.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Can you even shoot this in space? :dunno: I would think the recoil would take you out of orbit! Just saying.
    All kidding aside, security makes sense to me.

Well, obviously they have to land the craft for herding purposes which is where the shooting would take place. They're just spotting the non-compliants from low earth orbit.

giovani

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2012
    As a very near sighted individual, i am glad that NASA invented scratch resistant polycarbonate lenses and I no longer have to wear the heavy glass lenses that I did in my childhood.

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    Why would NASA need 5 Armalite AR15's?

Why do we need NASA period?? beyond the scope of satellites, etc... space exploration is a huge waste of our tax dollars. We live here and will never live anywhere else. Why not use that money for some good, such as housing our homeless, Vets, curing diseases and the like.

While I understand the sentiment, we're the bullseye in a cosmic shooting gallery and if we have any interest whatsoever in surviving as a species it behooves us to get off our collective asses and start finding a backup location for a second generic population.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    5 rifles are just the tip of the iceberg.

Why does NASA need a SWAT team? To steal moon dust from retirees! | Police State USA

"I felt raped," said Joann Davis after meeting NASA's SWAT team

Davis recalled to CBS, “Someone is grabbing me from the back. Now they’re pulling me out of the booth and they have a hold of me pretty darn good, and the force was like, unnecessary … because I’m like 110 (pounds). I’m four-foot-eleven.”

“They dragged me out of Denny’s,” she said. “I was scared. Really scared.”

The agents manhandled her so forcefully that she suffered deep bruising, and the shock of the raid was so intense that she lost control of her bladder. She was detained and interrogated in the parking lot.

“I peed in my pants and I stood there dripping wet for over two hours,” she told the Orange County Register. “I was so mad. Humiliated, but mad. I didn’t do anything wrong.”

Peter Schlueter, Davis’ attorney, told CBS News, “There’s no such law that moon rocks belong to the federal government. There are laws about stealing from the federal government and I understand that, and if anybody could show that these moon rocks were stolen from the federal government, that’s a horse of a different color, but they haven’t shown that.”

Davis was not charged with a crime. The NASA cops simply roughed her up and stole her property.

“I felt humiliated,” Davis said. “I felt, this may not be proper to say, but I tell you, I felt raped. I really did.”

Last edited:

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Can you even shoot this in space? :dunno: I would think the recoil would take you out of orbit!

Just gotta fire the opposite gun at the same time.

$(KGrHqEOKiME3!VnwShvBN44hoqlsg~~_35.JPG

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Scratch resistant my rear!

NASA invented the scratch resistant ass?
    Makes sense, there you are in low earth orbit in a 20 layer spacesuit and your ass starts to itch.
    BIG PROBLEM.

What will they think of next?! They are some kind of wizards or something.

CavMedic

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 20, 2012
    Plainfield
    Have worked for NASA in the past and I am currently working for Sandia Nat Laboratories, and I can tell you that men with automatic weapons are just the tip of the Iceberg when it comes to securing their people and equipment.
    Used to live in the Sandias. Went off-roading a few times and got too close to the fence. Security shows up real quick.

CathyInBlue

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I would love to see video of a NASA astronaut on a spacewalk firing an AR-15 at the Earth. Have to have a brass catcher attached. Have to be good stewards of the outer space environment. What comes out of the ejection port at a mere 300 feet per second will inevitable intersect with that brand new and very expensive mission critical satellite at 3,000 feet per second.

MTC

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    I think a better question would be "who DOESN'T need 5 Armalite AR-15s?".
    :laugh: (You can always count on JBombelli. And just when ya thought he was gonna beat you to death with that bat.)

To answer your question: :wavey: Don't need 'em. Don't want 'em. Really now. That's like false advertising. Who wants a neutered (semi-auto) M16? It's a great platform, and I'll take 'em if your givin' 'em away, but ... no full auto -- no deal. :joke:

5 rifles are just the tip of the iceberg... /snipped/
    Most disturbing, if true. Reminds me of an old tune from way back.

[video=youtube;2OZUCQdyEbI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2OZUCQdyEbI[/video]

We become
    The enemy
    When freedom dies
    For "security"

We become
    The enemy
    When freedom dies
    For security

Last edited:

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Have you guys not seen Iron Sky? Nazis....from the dark side of the moon.

[video=youtube;Py_IndUbcxc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Py_IndUbcxc[/video]

Top Bottom