• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    How do those pedal bars fit in? I got behind one of these in downtown Toledo a few weeks ago....but it was OK with me. Even as a non-drinker I totally understood the need to get blotto by any means necessary if you're in Toledo.

View attachment 308961
    In IN you can get an OWI on a bike, does just pedaling count as operating the vehicle, or just the person steering? What about open container laws? So many questions...

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    I guess I didn't know this. I buy an umbrella policy so I'm covered for liability for just about anything I touch or do. I'm not sure most people do. And really, I'm just playing devils advocate here. What about limiting cycling to only the roads designated and marked, a bridge too far?
    IMO yes, that's too far. My town doesn't have a single bike lane/path that I know of. And that goes for the towns around me as well. I could see making it mandatory to use one if available.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    In IN you can get an OWI on a bike, does just pedaling count as operating the vehicle, or just the person steering? What about open container laws? So many questions...

The pedal power isn't actually operating the vehicle, as to my understanding. It's an EV, pedaling charges it a bit, but even if nobody pedals it'll still move. I personally don't get the fun of paying some $300 to BYOB and randomly pedal while trying to drink but to each their own. At least they are in denser urban areas and not clogging up a highway somewhere.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Don’t want bikes on the road just get enough people to support changing the laws allowing them. Though it will likely be more difficult than getting national constitutional carry…

But its LeeEEEggal...

The thread isn't about if it's legal or not. It's about why people hate cyclists. You respond to a question as to why you can't make it easier for motorized traffic to pass with either 'sarcasm' or a completely indefensible false equivalency, reader's choice, and do you suppose that increases or decreases public perception of you and cyclists in general? If you don't care if genpop hates cyclists, why are you here?

Between posts in this thread by you and Bug, I think it's got to be a false flag at this point. You're both some poobahs in an anti-cycling league, aren't you?

If one took this thread and replaced the words cyclist, biker, etc. with gun owner many posts sound just like the anti-gunners INGO makes despises.

84hxhd.jpg

tmschuller

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    Grant county
    There is zero shoulder on most of my road. There’s road. And then there’s ditch. I don’t expect them to take a dive in a ditch for me. But there are occasional places to move over. When they don’t take the opportunity when presented after having held up a stack of motor vehicles, it’s kind of a dick move to continue holding up traffic.
    And it is the law for farm equipment and large equipment to pull over to allow traffic to pass.
    And you can and will get a ticket..

200 pound bike riders or 40,000 pound tractor yeah just the same. We all agree! Thread over…
    Somehow I doubt it.. somebody will restate over and over and put their spin on this..

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I guess I didn't know this. I buy an umbrella policy so I'm covered for liability for just about anything I touch or do. I'm not sure most people do.

If I remember correctly, an umbrella does not cover anything specific, it will kick in when the coverages you do have are exceeded.

So cameramonkey is driving the INGO Buggati, worth $4,000,000, and you crash your bike into it doing $1,000,000 in damages. Your homeowners covers $5,000 it has and then your umbrella kicks in to cover up to its limits.
    And really, I'm just playing devils advocate here. What about limiting cycling to only the roads designated and marked, a bridge too far?
    How would one get to the streets to ride if only designated roads were allowed for bikes?

Bassat

I shoot Canon, too!
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 30, 2022
    Osceola, Indiana 46561
    My theory is that those who hate cyclists are the same folks who are leading us down the road from a "me first society" to a "me only society". The same buffoon who honks and swerves around a (slow moving) cyclist, absolutely blows a gasket when someone honks and swerves around HIM for driving too slowly. Cut people some slack. We are not all required to do it 'Your Way'. For the record, I am a bicyclist and a motorcyclist who has seen many of these "Hey! I'm driving here!" assholes on the road.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Put her in front of me, and that would be plenty of motivation.
    Ridden with many of that motivation in front of me.

So years ago I was doing the RAIN (Ride Accross IN) a 162 mile ride. Left Terre Haute and we rode 40 then dropped south and was stopped a a light to cross 67 near Camby, a girl a couple of bikes in front of me pulled her bike shorts down a took a leak in front of everyone. She beat me by 40 minutes. :lmfao:

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    My theory is that those who hate cyclists are the same folks who are leading us down the road from a "me first society" to a "me only society". The same buffoon who honks and swerves around a (slow moving) cyclist, absolutely blows a gasket when someone honks and swerves around HIM for driving too slowly. Cut people some slack. We are not all required to do it 'Your Way'. For the record, I am a bicyclist and a motorcyclist who has seen many of these "Hey! I'm driving here!" assholes on the road.
    Or, they're hating CERTAIN cyclists..
    And you're deeming that to be ALL cyclists.

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    It’s always about the 1%

For Halloween probably had 70 kids. Great seeing all the kids who braved the cold. Some fun costumes and kids enjoying themselves.

Sadly one scumbag kid decided to grab a handful of candy instead of picking two items. Said it was for his baby sister. At first I was mad but decided not to let one loser to spoil the fun I saw in all the other kids faces.

Halloweeners, cyclists, auto drivers, gun owners, doesn’t matter. It’s always the 1% that screws it up for the rest of us.

Top Bottom