• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield
    I'm surprised that I haven't read a post about illegals pseudo-citizens. They get covered... right??? Because I certainly know that they don't quality for auto insurance.

So if they do get covered, we pay....FOR ILLEGALS!!!
    So if they don't get covered, we pay for 5 years JAIL TIME!?!

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    You're right. The roads belong to everyone. The idea of having a license to drive is wrong let alone mandating insurance. In some Countries, if you wreck your car, that's it, no more car. Shouldn't have bought a $200K sports car you can't afford to wreck.

:):

Here's the problem, SE. If I drive my car and someone else runs into me and totals it, and they don't have any assets I can recover, I'm SOL. I could buy my own insurance, but I'm then paying for someone else and creating a disincentive for them to care whether they wreck me or not.

Not all regulation is bad. To me, driving is one of the legitimate areas for government involvement.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Here's the problem, SE. If I drive my car and someone else runs into me and totals it, and they don't have any assets I can recover, I'm SOL. I could buy my own insurance, but I'm then paying for someone else and creating a disincentive for them to care whether they wreck me or not.

Not all regulation is bad. To me, driving is one of the legitimate areas for government involvement.

Until this thread I never really thought about the insurance perspective. However, I do feel that being able to drive from my home to where ever is a right and government doesn't have the right to tell me I can't do so legally without a license. I guess that's for another thread though.

Either way, I see your point, but I just don't feel that government has any right to tell me I HAVE to have insurance on my car. I'm not sure it's a disincentive for others not to have insurance, but at least it's one less government mandate.

smoking357

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2008
    Mindin' My Own Business
    Until this thread I never really thought about the insurance perspective. However, I do feel that being able to drive from my home to where ever is a right and government doesn't have the right to tell me I can't do so legally without a license. I guess that's for another thread though.

Either way, I see your point, but I just don't feel that government has any right to tell me I HAVE to have insurance on my car. I'm not sure it's a disincentive for others not to have insurance, but at least it's one less government mandate.

Now you're cookin'. Good thoughts.

rmabrey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 27, 2009
    So when you register your car you need proof of insurance. So how is the government to know whether or not we have coverage? National registration cars for citizens on the horizon?

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    So when you register your car you need proof of insurance. So how is the government to know whether or not we have coverage? National registration cars for citizens on the horizon?

That's what the new agencies created in the bill are for. Oh yea, and the foundation was set for the National ID program. Expect that to pass. That will let them know if you do or not.

Top Bottom