• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 3point5

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2011
    Kokomo
    Major kudos for a well thought out and reasonable response to the situation. Still sucks that you have to deal with all this though. I agree with keeping your business under the radar as much as possible. Hope you get some answers soon!

And yes, my suggestion of an INGO raffle or target practice were definitely of the "good-natured" venting variety, and were not to be taken as serious suggestions.

Guess Ill go unload my trunk then...I was already to come shoot the truck as soon as he gave the address

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Why must the wrong doers name be protected

Mainly because we don't know if he's a wrongdoer or not. As an example, the OP said the guy was "refusing" to answer his phone. We later find out that he left his phone in the truck and wasn't receiving the calls. For all we know, this was a complete misunderstanding and the "wrongdoer" is already going out of his way to make it right. This is a personal matter between two people and it doesn't need anyone else's direct involvement right now.

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    I wonder if this thread will reach 500 posts, see they go and cancel the soap operas on TV and INGO'ers create one of their own.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Mainly because we don't know if he's a wrongdoer or not. As an example, the OP said the guy was "refusing" to answer his phone. We later find out that he left his phone in the truck and wasn't receiving the calls. For all we know, this was a complete misunderstanding and the "wrongdoer" is already going out of his way to make it right. This is a personal matter between two people and it doesn't need anyone else's direct involvement right now.

CurseScutterLogic Yes - its poopy color.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    My only comment on this is if it is such a personal matter between 2 parties then why was it posted in a general forum and not handled via PM? Did anybody really think that a juicy story such as this one would go un-noticed without comment? :dunno:

perry

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2010
    Fishers, IN
    My only comment on this is if it is such a personal matter between 2 parties then why was it posted in a general forum and not handled via PM? Did anybody really think that a juicy story such as this one would go un-noticed without comment? :dunno:

I'm sure the OP wanted to do a bit of venting and the masses are learning "why we can't have nice things." He's being pretty responsible about keeping the details away from the lynch mob while at the same time providing us with a few minutes of entertainment to day dream about what could be done with the truck.

Barring a disaster of some sort, I couldn't see getting my vehicle stuck somewhere and not notifying the property owner that I'm leaving my car there until I can get help getting it out. But, I also couldn't see myself going to someone else's property without them being present. There's a bunch of crazy gun owners out there!

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I'm sure the OP wanted to do a bit of venting and the masses are learning "why we can't have nice things." He's being pretty responsible about keeping the details away from the lynch mob while at the same time providing us with a few minutes of entertainment to day dream about what could be done with the truck.

Barring a disaster of some sort, I couldn't see getting my vehicle stuck somewhere and not notifying the property owner that I'm leaving my car there until I can get help getting it out. But, I also couldn't see myself going to someone else's property without them being present. There's a bunch of crazy gun owners out there!
    Don't get me wrong. I'm all for a good story too but things should'nt be posted in a public forum for everyone's viewing and have it open to comments then all of a sudden someone comes along and claims it's a private matter. Me personally I would've contacted the person in question via PM and gave them a chance to respond and act like a man and take responsibility for their error in judgement and rectify the situation. Then if I did'nt get any satisfaction through that route I would inform them that I consider it to be fair game and out them on a public forum so other members have an opportunity to know this person is not on the up and up and they should be wary when dealing with them.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    Not me. I'd call in a full thermo nuclear strike on said offender and then ask questions. It makes for a better story.

Top Bottom