Why I No Longer Use Magpul Bad Levers!!!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • curraheeguns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    NW Hendricks County
    Now you see it......now you don't. This was on one of my Colt 9mm's.

DSC_3954.jpg

DSC_3955.jpg

DSC_3956.jpg

curraheeguns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    NW Hendricks County
    The added leverage of the Bad Lever broke my bolt release in half rendering the gun inoperable unless I whack the stock on the ground hard enough for the bolt to jump off the catch. (which works in a jam...try it unloaded!!)

MilitaryArms

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    I've never really seen a need for the lever. I've been playing with one on a Daniels Defense rifle and I'm really not getting into it. I have no problem using the rifle as it was designed.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    But... but... but.. they're sooo tacticool and made by magpul so it has to have been a gift from God himself right? I thought every gun needed a bad lever or it was a second tier piece of junk?

Seriously though. I never got what it was all about to have one of those. We've all bought some little dohicky that didn't work out the way we'd hope. Don't feel bad and just chalk it up as experience and lessons learned. I'm sorry to hear that it damaged a fine rifle.

SemperFiUSMC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    You just need to use the ubertac polymer attachment system (super glue) and spray some flat black paint on it. It'll be good as new.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    I've had more mag releases break on ARs than any other part. I doubt that yours broke because it was a Magpul.

It was his bolt release that broke... :dunno:

Corey, I don't see how you can attribute that failure to the installation of a BAD lever, when the BAD lever attaches to (and acts upon) the upper part of the bolt release. Shouldn't that be the part that broke off?

Jtgarner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    Bloomington
    I actually love my bad lever. I am confused also about how the bad lever caused this though...
    I have heard that they put more stress on the part, but I just don't understand how (enter physicist to explain how force is multiplied by the lever because of the fulcrum blah blah blah)

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    I love mine on my patrol rifle. It is VERY handy when I am doing a double feed failure and I need to lock the bolt back to clear it. I have a Redi-Mag on my rifle and it helps speed up my mag changes. I've had it on for 2 years now (one of the first to buy one).

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Corey please email those pics to me when you have the time. I've never liked the bad levers as the bolt stop and the small amount of aluminum were not designed to withstand the leverage applied by that lever. I like the idea and functionality of the levers, just wish someone would design a lower from the ground up with that feature.

Top Bottom