Why I don't feel safe in Government buildings...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ATF Consumer

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    South Side Indy
    6inch-Wood-Handle-Ceramic-Knife-1.jpg

They go right through these without detection...
    Ranger-Security-33-Zone-Walk-Through-Metal-Detector.jpg

Plus the fact that all government agents are only required to show ID or be dressed as one of the many versions of LEO in Indianapolis. They get no search or detection at all. How difficult would it be to fake an ID, or dress as a LEO???

I, as a law abiding citizen cannot protect myself within the walls of such buildings and must rely on someone else to protect me...that's a bunch of crap.

Either have security or don't have it at all...right now it is being half-assed.:twocents:

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Plus the fact that all government agents are only required to show ID or be dressed as one of the many versions of LEO in Indianapolis. They get no search or detection at all. How difficult would it be to fake an ID, or dress as a LEO???

At the fed level (not sure about the state) the "show ID" get a free pass is in place because the line of thinking is that people (employees with the new bio-metric IDs) have already gone thru a background check and passed so the chances of them doing something crazy are just as slim as the chance that an LTCH holder will shoot up a place. That is the line of thinking anyways.

Either way "security" is just an illusion for the masses. Do the security guards training frequently with their firearms? Me don't think so.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    I had a security guard at a federal building threaten to confiscate a 1/4" nut driver socket from me once, all I could do was laugh. That was my "are you ******* kidding me" moment, and possibly my first time hoping a giant asteroid strikes the Earth. But who am I to question the wisdom of our wonderful leaders.:rolleyes:

ADT knights

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Hendricks County
    Ha I love it. I can go in any door I want to at any time of the day. One of my favorite things to do is hide my ID when I enter the doors where the metal detectors are and walk by like I didn't see it so the security can freak out. Oh and the free parking downtown is nice also. Why don't you feel safe? It is a gun/weapon free zone... Seriously though I wish I could carry something besides a knife to work without running the risk of getting fired and being in some big trouble.

rmabrey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 27, 2009
    have already gone thru a background check and passed so the chances of them doing something crazy are just as slim as the chance that an LTCH holder will shoot up a place. That is the line of thinking anyways.
    Ive passed 3 background checks in the last 2 years and getting ready to go through 2 more. Where can I get one of them fancy biometric ID's

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Ive passed 3 background checks in the last 2 years and getting ready to go through 2 more. Where can I get one of them fancy biometric ID's

If you work for a fed agency then your agency would issue it to you. Not sure if it was a Bill Clinton or Bush I directive but all agencies had until/have until I think 2012 to implement the biometric ID. I believe DOD was the first to get it done a while back. SSA got done last year with theirs as did OPM.

Contractors for fed agencies also got theirs as well.

turn4chatter

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    Leave the ceramic knife at home and just grab the 6" scissors off some ones desk....they are less likely to snap when they hit bone.

Eddie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    North of Terre Haute
    I will add two more reasons to the list:

Not everyone gets disarmed.

Who is to say that a judge or a cop won't go on a shooting spree? Only certain classes of people get disarmed while others are not even checked. Ever go into the same place day after day and the guard gets to know you and then you don't even get stopped when you beep? Every place has a certain group/class of individuals who are allowed to be armed while others are disarmed. This does not create security.

Checkpoint=Chokepoint

If everyone enters and leaves through one place, then it isn't too hard for a bad guy to figure out that a good time to attack would be right as someone is leaving the gun free zone. Ever notice the parking places, the ones nearest the entrance to the public building that are clearly marked as being reserved for the important people who work there? Why bother to sneak your wooden gun through security when you can simply sit outside and watch the parking lot. Gun free zones do not equal security.

sj kahr k40

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    Last time I was in the CCB I had 2 guns on me, walked in the door with a couple of exempt people and they let me right thru!

Relatively Ninja

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Indianapolis
    When I went to the city county building in Indianapolis for my LTCH they took away my belt buckle. I removed my watch, wallet, cell phone, keys, and belt buckle and put them in the tray so I would pass the metal detector test. The guard looked at me and said my belt buckle was too big! I kept having to pull my pants up every other step while I looked for the room to pay my LTCH fees. :(

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    When I went to the city county building in Indianapolis for my LTCH they took away my belt buckle. I removed my watch, wallet, cell phone, keys, and belt buckle and put them in the tray so I would pass the metal detector test. The guard looked at me and said my belt buckle was too big! I kept having to pull my pants up every other step while I looked for the room to pay my LTCH fees. :(
    I thought ninjas wore one of those wrap around type belts. Did your big belt buckle have a ninja on it?:D

Top Bottom