• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • djkbmwguy

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 14, 2013
    I will take a look at all four of those non-resident licenses to see what there requirements are and what states they reciporcate with. Thanks for the heads up.

ryknoll3

Master
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    it has more to do with the state of indiana, as our state does not recognize non-resident licenses of any sort, from any state.
    as for other states, like if you moved to ohio and got an ohio resident license, im unsure if your Utah license would remain valid.

Just wanted to clarify how this one was phrased. Indiana accepts every license/permit under the sun... for non-residents. Indiana residents can only carry in Indiana with an Indiana LTCH. Utah requires that you have a permit from your state of residence if one exists in order to get a Utah permit.

I don't believe your Utah permit would be invalidated if you moved and acquired the proper permit from your new state.

Don't know how the Utah requirement to have your home state permit works if you live a commie may-issue state where you can't get one. For example, if you live in CA, can you not get a UT permit because you are unable to get a permit from CA?

Tinner666

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Richmond, Va.
    Just wanted to clarify how this one was phrased. Indiana accepts every license/permit under the sun... for non-residents. Indiana residents can only carry in Indiana with an Indiana LTCH. Utah requires that you have a permit from your state of residence if one exists in order to get a Utah permit.

I don't believe your Utah permit would be invalidated if you moved and acquired the proper permit from your new state.

Don't know how the Utah requirement to have your home state permit works if you live a commie may-issue state where you can't get one. For example, if you live in CA, can you not get a UT permit because you are unable to get a permit from CA?
    I think not. I had to prove I had a resident permit and take their CCW course.

Khazik

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Using the resources from the USA Carry website, the Utah and Florida differences are mainly: Different states covered/reciprocity, and more importantly (at least for me) $$$ for not just acquirement but renewal. It seems the renewal process for Utah is entirely easier than Florida in all aspects.

Utah seems more worth it IMO for traveling, unless you need New Mexico and Kansas (Florida lic.) rather Minnesota (Utah lic.). After looking at the cost, think I'll stick with Utah, unless my findings are wrong somehow.

*Note* If you're a Military vet/active duty, send a copy of your ID/DD-214 and that qualifies as proof of training/competence with a firearm, making a Florida lic. easier to get for Military ppl. Cost outweighs this for me however :(.

*Edit* just noticed I got 2 badges of rep, woooo!

Last edited:

isaiah.hall79

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Muncie
    So does anyone know if you need your ccw permit in indiana to get a utah permit... does the utah permit allow you to carry in indiana.. (edit)oops i need to learn to read the whole thread before i ask a question

Mr. Habib

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Somewhere else
    Yes, you must have an Indiana LTCH to get a Utah permit if you are an Indiana resident. You must have an Indiana LTCH to carry in Indiana if you are an Indiana resident.

Top Bottom