• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • slowG

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 15, 2010
    My guess Trump will win. Heres why.. Hes popular. Americans only care about the kardashians and hells kitchen and iphones. People are simple and Trump speaks simply and entertains. I dont know how many people typically vote but ill bet it doubles come time to vote for president.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    All politicians are for sale. Hopefully Trump would be more expensive. I see no way this country improves with another politician blessed by a national party

I would vote Trump. Never another Bush or a Christie
    I'm not at all worried about someone "buying" Trump. I'm more worried what Trump, as someone who buys politicians, will do with the power of the Presidency.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I gotta say, a Trump presidency would be entertaining, and I bet most conservative Americans would probably approve of his actions. I think he'd be much tougher than the current guy, when dealing with our border and foreign policy. That's a plus for me.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I gotta say, a Trump presidency would be entertaining, and I bet most conservative Americans would probably approve of his actions. I think he'd be much tougher than the current guy, when dealing with our border and foreign policy. That's a plus for me.
    No concerns about the fox administrating the henhouse?

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    No concerns about the fox administrating the henhouse?

Not really. The actual choice we have is the fox we know or the the fox we don't know administering by proxy which is what we have with most other alternatives.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I have trouble getting excited over what Donald Trump could do to hurt the GOP when people like Karl Rove have done more damage than Donald Trump could do in 10 lifetimes.

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    I tend to think the guy has given money to many different politicians for the reasons he has stated. He is in business and needs favors. I like the way he puts people in their place and does not take anyone's crap. I especially like the way he handles the media and the PC mindset. I like that he is not a politician. Based on what little I really know about him at this point I will vote for him in a heartbeat if he is the republican nominee. I was liking what he had to say and how he was saying it well before I ever saw him leading in most polls. ANYTHING is better than what we have now. I do not believe for a nanosecond that fat a-- lying Hillary would ever be elected.. No body with any sense has any trust in her or anything she says and does.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I tend to think the guy has given money to many different politicians for the reasons he has stated. He is in business and needs favors. I like the way he puts people in their place and does not take anyone's crap. I especially like the way he handles the media and the PC mindset. I like that he is not a politician. Based on what little I really know about him at this point I will vote for him in a heartbeat if he is the republican nominee. I was liking what he had to say and how he was saying it well before I ever saw him leading in most polls. ANYTHING is better than what we have now. I do not believe for a nanosecond that fat a-- lying Hillary would ever be elected.. No body with any sense has any trust in her or anything she says and does.

Come on...you have had far too many times in which you have realized that you are surrounded by stupid people to honestly believe that Hillary doesn't have a chance.

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    Maybe Trump is a gangster, but maybe, like an alcoholic, he's had a moment of clarity and has decided to try to do the right thing before his days are done. I don't know him and I can't read souls or minds.

All I know is that is saying things, even rude things, gets this many people in an uproar, then we need more people to say things like this, not less.

p.s. It's not like he's saying, "Position a sniper every 200 meters on the border" or something crazy like that. :ar15:

sb0

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Aug 1, 2013
    Indy
    Trump is bad for the Republican party because he's revealing the rest of the party to be the impotent cowards they are.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Trump is bad for the Republican Party because it reveals how gullible Republicans are for taking him seriously. It's a scam.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Trump is bad for the Republican Party because it reveals how gullible Republicans are for taking him seriously. It's a scam.

Even if he is a complete fraud as a candidate, he is doing a fine job of demonstrating that the establishment is crowing about its fine new outfit while actually buck naked.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I supose the mark is usually well satisfied with the seduction up untill the point he finds her gone, along with his wallet.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    My guess is that this will continue for some time. Trump lacks the discipline to perpetuate a fraud indefinitely without slipping up, but by the time he slips up, he will have forced the other candidates to address a number of uncomfortable issues which would otherwise be swept under the rug and will separate the men from the boys/brats.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    The SJWs are after him now. I'm not going to consider that an "enemy of my enemy" situation... but he's being devoured from every side. I don't think he can make it through with everyone hating him. He can just use his money to make sure he ruins the GOP in 2016 by running third-party.

Media isn't going to stop reporting on him, because he helps the Dems.
    GOP isn't going to stop fussing over him, because they don't know better.
    Reince needs to make sure he's not included in any further debates. But that just won't happen.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    The SJWs are after him now. I'm not going to consider that an "enemy of my enemy" situation... but he's being devoured from every side. I don't think he can make it through with everyone hating him. He can just use his money to make sure he ruins the GOP in 2016 by running third-party.

Media isn't going to stop reporting on him, because he helps the Dems.
    GOP isn't going to stop fussing over him, because they don't know better.
    Reince needs to make sure he's not included in any further debates. But that just won't happen.

I can sympathize with your feelings but have to take a different perspective.

1. While I do not subscribe to the notion that an enemy of my enemy is my friend by virtue of being hostile to my enemy, I am not going to disparage the value of the service he does by applying, well, disservice to my enemy.

2. Perhaps money alone can't drag him through the election, but it is also easy to overlook that he is gaining massive amounts of traction with people who otherwise would not vote.

3. I am not sure whether I am more inclined to believe that he would not commit to ruling out a third-party run because he would actually do it or because it is a leverage point he can use to prevent the usual tactics of being marginalized.

4. If Reince even tries to keep him out of future debates, he will kill the GOP stone cold dead as this would be a classic manifestation of the behavior pattern which has people like me ready to tell the GOP to f*ck off and die--if the country is going to get trashed, I would prefer it happen before I am too old to fight.

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    This may have already been stated, I'm not reading all 12 pages of posts,

I'm convinced that Trump is a "spoiler" planted by the Clinton camp. If he win's the Repub primary, that's fine. The Clintons are sure he would not get enough votes in the general election to win.
    But it's more likely that his rhetoric will turn off enough Repub voters that he ends up losing some support and Walker/Bush/Rubio wins the nomination. Trump then runs as a 3rd party and pulls away some Repub votes.
    A Clinton wins again with less than a majority of the vote. It's the Ross Perot effect all over again.

Top Bottom