• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JTScribe

Chicago Typewriter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    The Republicans walk the NRA line and refuse even limited restrictions.-Source: The America We Deserve, by Donald Trump, p.102 , Jul 2, 2000

I generally oppose gun control, but I support the ban on assault weapons and I support a slightly longer waiting period to purchase a gun. With today’s Internet technology we should be able to tell within 72-hours if a potential gun owner has a record.-Source: The America We Deserve, by Donald Trump, p.102 , Jul 2, 2000

On Abortion- “I believe it is a personal decision that should be left to the women and their doctors,” -.Source: Pat Eaton-Robb, Associated Press , Dec 2, 1999

I’m a conservative on most issues but a liberal on health. It is an unacceptable but accurate fact that the number of uninsured Americans has risen to 42 million. Working out detailed plans will take time. But the goal should be clear: Our people are our greatest asset. We must take care of our own. We must have universal healthcare.-Source: The America We Deserve, by Donald Trump, p.206-208 & 218 , Jul 2, 2000

I object to the flat tax:. It is unfair to the poor; eliminating the Earned Income Tax Credit [hurts] taxpayers at the lowest rungs of the ladder. It is unfair to workers by taxing them for health insurance and other benefits.Only the wealthy would reap a windfall, because a flat tax would allow them to cash in interest payments and capital gains without paying personal income taxes.I don’t believe that a flat tax could raise enough revenue to keep the government operating.-Source: The America We Deserve, by Donald Trump, p.186 , Jul 2, 2000

Donald Trump, secret liberal? The top 10 reasons conservatives should distrust him

I don't know what a person could have seen to change their positions.

Donald Trump: Videos of Planned Parenthood Selling Aborted Babies Were "Disgusting," De-Fund It | LifeNews.com

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    We need a poll. I really want to know how many INGOers support trump for POTUS.

Wait. No. We don't need a poll. I'm actually afraid to know the answer. I'd rather ignorantly believe INGO sees the sham for what it is.

MisterChester

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2013
    The Compound

Wait. No. We don't need a poll. I'm actually afraid to know the answer. I'd rather ignorantly believe INGO sees the sham for what it is.

That Trump was probably placed there by Hillary? She did go to his wedding after all.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012

That isn't the problem. The problem is that we, one way or another, are not going to have a choice between a sham and the absence of a sham, but rather which sham we may prefer.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    That Trump was probably placed there by Hillary? She did go to his wedding after all.

I don't think there is a conspiracy between Trump and the Clinton's. I think Bill played Trump's ego like a flute though, and convinced him to run. Trump knows which buttons to press on ideological conservatives.

2ADMNLOVER

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 13, 2009
    West side Indy
    I will vote for Trump simply because he's not another bought and paid for career politician .

He's a business man that seems to have done very well for himself and I think he'd be good for the country .

I don't know that I fully trust his ideas about how to use our military but surely he couldn't do any worse than the idiot we have now .

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    ...Please, do tell of the benevolent wonders of Trump's candidacy.

Trump is forcing the rest of the candidates to step up their game and stand on the issues to even be heard. For example, Walker is laying out his plan to replace Obamacare today.

Immigration is huge issue that most do not take serious (until we are outnumbered by the looters and it's too late.) We need the Donald to stay on top as long as possible to keep this issue in the forefront. Let's get that freaking wall!

Like him or not, the Donald is reminding us that our career politicians are ineffective. He is helping to bolster the chances of candidates like Fiorina and Carson. We need to get the bug in the ear of Trump to start talking term limits.

Last edited:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Trump is forcing the rest of the candidates to step up their game and stand on the issues to even be heard. For example, Walker is laying out his plan to replace Obamacare today.

Immigration is huge issue that most do not take serious (until we are outnumbered by the looters.) We need the Donald to stay on top as long as possible to keep this issue in the forefront. Let's get that freaking wall!

Like him or not, the Donald is reminding us that our career politicians are ineffective. He is helping to bolster the chances of candidates like Fiorina and Carson.
    We need to get the bug in the ear of Trump to start talking term limits.

I disagree. At first, I just thought the people who poll for Trump are just making a statement of discontent. And that they would never, seriously pull the lever for Trump. Eventually, the phenomenon would die out and people would settle in with one of the other candidates. But I've abandoned that belief. I think these people are actually serious about voting for Trump. That will lead to a Republican crisis where the Party will not allow Trump to be the nominee, and then Trump will run as an Independent.

What Trump is doing, is ensuring a Democratic victory. The conservative base of the Republican party want their Republicans to act like Trump. The rest of the party does not.

Last poll I saw, Trump has a commanding lead of ~23%. The other 16 major candidates are spiting the remainder of the vote.

So let's keep this in perspective:75% of Republicans DON'T WANT TRUMP! But because this is a "first past the post" kind of race, the other candidates have to try to eat into that fairly large vocal minority to have any chance of upping their numbers and keeping the money flowing into their campaigns. So they have to take radical positions that they know they'll have to distance themselves from during the general election, to have any chance of appealing to the independent moderates. The independent moderates now make up ~40%+ Americans. Some may lean a bit left, some right, but nowhere near far right.

In every poll even Bernie Sanders kicks the **** out of Trump in the general election.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    I see trumps numbers staying the same. As others drop out, a candidate will emerge that beats him In the primaries.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    1. I had to remove that new Fox Sports channel from my presets today (new host of Rush). If I'm not listening to music, I'll pop over to either that, or WIBC. 90% of Rush's show now is Trump. It's just all Trump, all day. I can't do it anymore. Lost an, albeit sparingly, listener.

2. I've also discovered the best way to rid us of this Trump-beast is to stop talking about him. So unsubscribing from this thread is also something everyone should consider. Add an auto-correct to your computer, so every time you try to type "Trump" on INGO, it changes to Bacon or something.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    1. I had to remove that new Fox Sports channel from my presets today (new host of Rush). If I'm not listening to music, I'll pop over to either that, or WIBC. 90% of Rush's show now is Trump. It's just all Trump, all day. I can't do it anymore. Lost an, albeit sparingly, listener.

2. I've also discovered the best way to rid us of this Trump-beast is to stop talking about him. So unsubscribing from this thread is also something everyone should consider. Add an auto-correct to your computer, so every time you try to type "Trump" on INGO, it changes to Bacon or something.

Or, this could just be the next status update thread. And didn't you know? It's not just bacon anymore. INGO's new go to food of choice is bacon cheeseburgers. I remember a while back when Wendy's first introduced the bacon double cheeseburger. yeah. That was some really fast food.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    the best way to rid us of this Trump-beast is to get the media to stop talking about him.

You're right...but the problem is not the candidates but the coverage...it's not like him saying no one was talking about immigration before his foisting himself into the election is actually true.

No one was being covered by the leftist sycophantic press SEEMED to be talking about it because they wouldn't tell anyone until it became political theater.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Consider this: Trump is resonating with and quite popular with people who are otherwise disinclined to vote at all, or at least so my observations go. I am not aware of any good number on people who do not participate because they either have no use for professional politicians of any nature or realize that to a great extend for several consecutive elections we have been offered our choice between a sh*t sandwich with ketchup or a sh*t sandwich with mustard, aside from extrapolating one's own conclusions from the percentage of eligible voters who do not vote.

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    Trump has thrown money at every candidate out there. His interests are his own. His ideologies are his own. His grand schemes are his own. Period. Who he resonates with not with standing. Simply saying you will do XYZ, and being able to do XYZ?
    Make that what you will, from an American taxpayer and/or voter standpoint. Think.

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    Indeed. i would just love to hear details on the great wall of Mexico. How long? How high? How deep? and perhaps more importantly, how much?

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indeed. i would just love to hear details on the great wall of Mexico. How long? How high? How deep? and perhaps more importantly, how much?

I could have a bit of fun and suggest that the border between Russia and China is generally effective at preventing illegal crossing. Of course, they use mines.

Top Bottom