Why do you carry while you're at home???

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    Home is where home invasions occur. Seriously, your assailant picks the venue, it's up to you to be ready. Can't be ready if the gun's in the safe.

dingodog

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 12, 2011
    Monticello
    Home is where home invasions occur. Seriously, your assailant picks the venue, it's up to you to be ready. Can't be ready if the gun's in the safe.

^^^THAT^^^

According to the U.S. Department of Justice.........

There are more than 8,000 home invasions every day in North America.

38 percent of assaults and 60 percent of rapes occur during home invasions.

50 percent of home invasions involve the use of a weapon; the most common weapons used are knives or other cutting instruments.

In 48 percent of home invasions, victims sustain physical injuries.

One in five homes undergoes a home invasion or break-in.

Most home invasions happen between 6 p.m. and 6 a.m. on weekdays and weekends.

A criminal that breaks into a residence at night is expecting a confrontation of some kind.

Concerned Citizen

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 1, 2010
    Brownsburg
    When I'm not carrying in my home, I have a loaded weapon at my disposal within a couple of steps no matter where I am in my home. When the door bell rings, I pick one up before answering. Paranoid? No. Prepared? Yes.

donnie1581

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 5, 2011
    Elwood, IN
    My family usually goes upstairs to relax and watch tv around 7 or so. If someone were to break in my first line of defense are my 3 dogs. By the time my dogs run down stairs I'll have my pistol and be ready if they start to come up the stairs. During the day, if I'm not wearing my pistol, it's sitting on top of the bookshelf next to where I usually sit and 4 ft from the kitchen.

**Edit** Oops I thought the title said "WHERE do you carry"

brian.derby

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2012
    Indianapolis, IN
    Simple answer.... to be ready. Short story, Thanksgiving morning I had to work. According to my wife, approximately 45 mins after I left, someone tried to break in. Fortunately for my family, our dog took care of the matter, fortunately for the perp, I was not at the house.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    I ALWAYS carry while relaxing around the house, and we have two large dogs who hate visitors. Dogs are absolutely the best thing a person can have in their home! A few nights ago, while myself, the wife, and step-daughter were watching TV, we heard a loud bang, which sounded like my exterior cellar door slamming shut, causing the dogs to jump and run toward the center of the house. I jumped up, drew my weapon, and started through the house towards the back door, but noticed my dogs looking up at the loft in our front room, where a shelf holding a stack of blankets had fallen over and hit the stair rail. They knew exactly where the noise came from.

VN Vet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I carry at home because of the increase of Home Invasions. What I carry is for me to know and for the invader to find out. I have 14 hungry pit bulls and I need meat to feed them. My dogs love white meat as much as dark meat. More often than not, I need no gun. Do you feel lucky, Punk?

PM me for my home address and a listing of when I will be gone from my home.

jon5212

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2010
    My wife's cousin came over a week ago to see my newborn daughter. She's of the "scared" type and I was OC. She asked why I was carrying a gun. I just pointed to my daughter and said, " My house, My Rules." I almost told her if you don't like it leave, but I would have been sleeping on the couch for a while.

HavokCycle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 10, 2012
    Zionsville
    best home first home defense bar none, a good dog. Backed up by a loaded firearm :draw:
    my 122 lb malamute, while looks scary, is the most useless guard dog ever. ive had trademen in that couldnt believe she hid in the bedroom while they were working.

i keep a g22 in the nightstand and an AR in the corner. i usually carry that glock or my EDC during the evening, depending on when i change pants.

Top Bottom