• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Because we Americans won't be marched into railcars and sent to camps when our government decides it doesn't like us.

If history is our guide, most would ship off without resistance. Soldiers and and police would be glad to strip them from their homes and families, in the name of Homeland Security.

The few holdouts who defended themselves would be remembered as traitors or terrorists, or not remembered at all.

283329_453771781326995_2059287105_n.jpg

1942: PASADENA, CA -- American soldiers supervise the rounding up of American citizens of Japanese descent, as they board trains to be shipped off to internment camps. This train was heading to a camp in the Mojave desert.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    I wish it were true what many have said about Americans resisting tyranny, but I fear Rambone is correct.

And that was during the "greatest generation" when people were more agrarian, more independent, and there were few gun controls.

Imagine how much uglier it would be during the current generation.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    My favorite answer would be "because we can". Depending on the way it was asked, I could add some personal adjectives after the statement which can be left to your imagination.:)

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    If history is our guide, most would ship off without resistance. Soldiers and and police would be glad to strip them from their homes and families, in the name of Homeland Security.

The few holdouts who defended themselves would be remembered as traitors or terrorists, or not remembered at all.

1942: PASADENA, CA -- American soldiers supervise the rounding up of American citizens of Japanese descent, as they board trains to be shipped off to internment camps. This train was heading to a camp in the Mojave desert.

Is that what YOU would do? Just walk into the cattle cars?

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Don't let them off easy. Stick the knife in hard and fast.

*rolls up sleeve*

"Because we Americans don't like number tattooed on our arms."

*rolls sleeve back down*

Just some legal advice but until Hollywood has inked that deal I would be a bit more cautious about putting lines from my screenplay out there on the internet...Just saying you have put alot of work into "Schindler's Hit List" and I would hate to see someone steal your story....

dusty88

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States
    I've given the history of the second amendment, the British trying to take arms, and also take over homes and that our founders thought government should never have more power than the people (well never mind we didn't do so well at the power issue....). The few foreigners I've discussed this with (Australians mostly) aren't aware that the gun rights issue goes back to our founding. They assume it started with the wild west.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Japanese internment was wrong, just plain wrong and a horrible scar on our nation.

It was, however, not this:

holocaust-ovens.jpg

BTW- as to the original question:

Many Europeans are used to being told what to do and being, largely, taken care of. A very large portion of their self-reliant, adventurous stock left between about 1600 and 1900. Our country benefited, but many people here (more and more) now long to be told what to do and to be taken care of.

Why do we care so much? Because our cultural heritage emphasizes self-reliance to a much greater degree than does European cultural heritage.

Last edited:

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Just some legal advice but until Hollywood has inked that deal I would be a bit more cautious about putting lines from my screenplay out there on the internet...Just saying you have put alot of work into "Schindler's Hit List" and I would hate to see someone steal your story....

I former colleague of mine came up with an idea for a movie involving a Nazi death camp guard falling in love with a Jewish inmate...yes, a gay love story. My suggestion for titling it : "Schindler's Lisp" was shot down immediately.

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    If you wouldn't do it, why assume everyone else would? I'm not saying EVERYONE woukd stand up, but I think enough of us would that trying to do that these days woukd be a bad idea.

The troublemakers would be eliminated in the first round. This is history repeating itself over and over here. One only needs to walk into a Walmart to see what the majority is like.

Even here on INGO there is a nonzero number of people who would turn in someone for doing something currently illegal like modifying a gun to shoot full auto. It's a very short leap from there to turning in other gun owners for violating whatever restrictions are put in place. And INGO is very much heavily weighted towards people who claim to oppose tyranny.

2ADMNLOVER

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 13, 2009
    West side Indy
    Should've asked them " Why do you Germans care so much about taking over the world ? "

For ****'s sake , get a bunch of you bastards together , next thing you know Europe is gettin raped , you tried and FAILED twice in one century !

So yeah , you candy assed , crout bastards may win world soccer cups but we win world wars so MERICA ! **** YEAH !

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Soccer is for countries that have not set foot on the moon.

Should've asked them " Why do you Germans care so much about taking over the world ? "

For ****'s sake , get a bunch of you bastards together , next thing you know Europe is gettin raped , you tried and FAILED twice in one century !

So yeah , you candy assed , crout bastards may win world soccer cups but we win world wars so MERICA ! **** YEAH !

VN Vet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Because I love my Family. Because I love my Veteran Friends and People who think like me. Because I love my Country. Because I want to keep bad & evil people in prison or dead and the fighting their of in a foreign country. In that order. Period. Thus ends the answer to your question.

If I have missed anything, my friends on INGO will answer you too.

24Carat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Newburgh

I am thinking a concerted effort to assure one is remembered would be the most effective long term. I will just leave it at that.

IndyGal65

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Speedway, IN
    I former colleague of mine came up with an idea for a movie involving a Nazi death camp guard falling in love with a Jewish inmate...yes, a gay love story. My suggestion for titling it : "Schindler's Lisp" was shot down immediately.

Ok, that was just damn funny right there. :laugh:

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    As a contrast, the trip I got to take to China a few years ago, we got to talking about life in the states versus that in China--Hong Kong in particular. Our hosts were quite intrigued with being able to own land, guns, etc. The one young woman I was talking to had never even operated a lawn mower or owned gardening tools. Now we didn't spend a lot of time talking about guns but they were mentioned and they were more interested than indignant.

Top Bottom