Why do so many people hate pedestrians?!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    So Labor Day we decided that instead of working on outdoor projects, we'd take the day off from Laboring, throw the bikes in the truck, and go riding the multi-use path at the park. OMG. There were so many rude, entitled pedestrians who thought it would be a good idea to go ruin the cyclists day, and be as much in the way as possible.

These pedestrians act like a multi-use path is theirs to congregate on. I didn't keep count of the many times I was forced to use the the expected ghey ass phrase, "on your left". And people do expect it. Once I didn't say it, because the couple walking stayed well to the right, and seemed to be aware that I was there. I wasn't going that fast. So I just passed them. And one of them actually said in a Karen voice, "yer supposed to say, 'on your left'. :rolleyes: Often when I do say it, the seasoned pedestrians nod with approval as if to claim a piece of my virtue, and say, "thank you". ****ers probably vote Democrat. Betcha anything they live in an HOA, and LIKE it! Anyway, I'd rather just say, "GET THE **** RIGHT!" instead of using the ghey ass "on your left". It's just what it is.

Most of the pedestrians are oblivious to the world around them. As soon as they become aware of you, instead of just getting over to the right, they freeze, then scatter. I mean, c'mon. "GET THE **** RIGHT" is way more direct, but even the ghey ass "on your left" at least implies that as a pedestrian, you should probably move right, becasue I announced my intentions to pass on their left. Instead, they panic and scatter!

Last edited:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I hate drivers, cyclists and pedestrians. People just suck.
    They need to just stay home unless they have a valid reason to do otherwise.

Wait. What about the equestrian?

Honestly, I didn't mind her being on the path. She kept her horse from impeding anyone. I didn't see any horse **** on the path. She was just kinda there, but out of the way. Unlike the herds of cattle scattered on the path.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    Wait. What about the equestrian?

Honestly, I didn't mind her being on the path. She kept her horse from impeding anyone. I didn't see any horse **** on the path. She was just kinda there, but out of the way. Unlike the herds of cattle scattered on the path.
    So she was completely opposite of the Amish then.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    So Labor Day we decided that instead of working on outdoor projects, we'd take the day off from Laboring, throw the bikes in the truck, and go riding the multi-use path at the park. OMG. There were so many rude, entitled pedestrians who thought it would be a good idea to go ruin the cyclists day, and be as much in the way as possible.

These pedestrians act like a multi-use path is theirs to congregate on. I didn't keep count of the many times I was forced to use the the expected ghey ass phrase, "on your left". And people do expect it. Once I didn't say it, because the couple walking stayed well to the right, and seemed to be aware that I was there. I wasn't going that fast. So I just passed them. And one of them actually said in a Karen voice, "yer supposed to say, 'on your left'. :rolleyes: Often when I do say it, the seasoned pedestrians nod with approval as if to claim a piece of my virtue, and say, "thank you". ****ers probably vote Democrat. Betcha anything they live in an HOA, and LIKE it! Anyway, I'd rather just say, "GET THE **** RIGHT!" instead of using the ghey ass "on your left". It's just what it is.

Most of the pedestrians are oblivious to the world around them. As soon as they become aware of you, instead of just getting over to the right, they freeze, then scatter. I mean, c'mon. "GET THE **** RIGHT" is way more direct, but even the ghey ass "on your left" at least implies that as a pedestrian, you should probably move right, becasue I announced my intentions to pass on their left. Instead, they panic and scatter!
    This is how I feel just walking around Costco. When I encounter someone trucking down the wrong side of an aisle, I want to ask them if they are from Europe... Don't even get me started on the people who stop their cart right next to the already crowded aisle entry to grab a sample and stand there.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Our society is dominated by the ME ME ME crowd these days.

Biking. Driving. Walking. Talking. It matters not. The predominance of those with NO respect or manners for others around them is becoming the rule instead of the exception.

:xmad:

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    This is how I feel just walking around Costco. When I encounter someone trucking down the wrong side of an aisle, I want to ask them if they are from Europe... Don't even get me started on the people who stop their cart right next to the already crowded aisle entry to grab a sample and stand there.

Oh, I move their cart for them… don’t have to say anything.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana

I thought being ghey was, when someone was talking about being in love with 40 S&W?

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    So yer saying, this is something automobile drivers and cyclists can agree on? Some common ground? :):
    Only because a pedestrian is basically a wannabe cyclist as your initial post indicates....Exhibit A

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    It’s like they purposely find a good choke point and park their cart right there.

sairax

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Sep 2, 2024
    Indianapolis

Lol and then they think it's okay to shove you off your bike if you "startled" them SMH. What a joke

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Jrde409
    Top Bottom