• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wally05

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    This little reason, born in March, is the reason why I carry. There was a shooting in the apt. complex just down the street from me recently... I'm now putting all available funds towards paying off my glock. My atomic dog holster and pouch have arrived, so now I have no excuses. If something happened and I could have done something to prevent it, I would never forgive myself.

Liam10.jpg

The Texas mall shooting from back in the day comes to mind... you just never know when something bad will happen. Anyways, I just thought I'd share. :patriot:

wally05

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Thanks! Sometimes I consider moving out of the city b/c of him. I'm surprised by the amount of criminal activity in our area.

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Congrats on your newest addition. I too carry because of my family. Though mine are slightly LARGER than yours (daughter just graduated college, works at local ER, son is a 6'4" junior).

BTW, it's been a long time since I had little ones around...do they make diaper bags that have side pouches for conceal carry? ;)

smccabe17

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 14, 2008
    Lawrenceburg
    Congratulations. Now you just need to make sure you know how to handle a situation. Force on Force classes will show you quickly if you do or don't.

DThurston

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Shelby County
    I'm with you on this one, though mine are now 11 and 8. And I'm in need of some formal training for both handgun use/laws and home defense with a shotgun. Just a matter of timing, really.

And congrats on the future LTCH holder!

wally05

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    I totally forgot about my posted thread. I've been working so much that I haven't been on here. :)

I'm a former reserve officer, so I've had some force on force and situational training, but it has been awhile. So, I will be jumping back into it soon. :D

As for diaper pouches for concealed carry, I need to look into those! He tends to drop diaper bombs in the worst areas to do so. I've learned the art of conducting "quick diaper changes" in various places, haha.

He is now 4 months old and there have been more shootings in the area. I work as a retail investigator and our IMPD retail crimes officer sends us BOLOs all the time... I'm amazed at what happens in this city on a daily basis.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Great looking baby.

Be a responsive le gun owner and you will protect not only your expanding family, but also their freedom.

Congrats

TJJ

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2012
    I carry because defense of my family, my property, and myself is my individual natural right.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom