• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Found this in the back of the safe and decided make it a viable carry option.

View attachment 380324
    I have a funny story about a little derringer like that.

I had just bought a .38spl derringer and was near the Jasper-Pulaski range. A man was setting up at 100 yards and I asked if he would allow me to fire two shots to test the weapon. He had already carried a couple water jugs and set up a target. Since he was still getting his gear arranged, he was willing to accommodate my request. I aimed about 5 feet up on the berm and let one fly. One of his jugs blew. I was as startled as he was. A 100 yard hit on a jug with a derringer! I just said the thing shoots a little low and apologized for the jug. I know there is not enough ammo in the state of Indiana to do that again, the the freaky "hole in one" was pretty fun.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I have a funny story about a little derringer like that.

I had just bought a .38spl derringer and was near the Jasper-Pulaski range. A man was setting up at 100 yards and I asked if he would allow me to fire two shots to test the weapon. He had already carried a couple water jugs and set up a target. Since he was still getting his gear arranged, he was willing to accommodate my request. I aimed about 5 feet up on the berm and let one fly. One of his jugs blew. I was as startled as he was. A 100 yard hit on a jug with a derringer! I just said the thing shoots a little low and apologized for the jug. I know there is not enough ammo in the state of Indiana to do that again, the the freaky "hole in one" was pretty fun.
    Reminds me of the time Beowulf and I were cleaning up after an INGO shoot. He had a couple Aguila shortys and his mares leg sxs sbs. He asked if I thought I could bust a clay target with it. Why not? So he put one in the thrower.

He let it fly and I turned it to dust.

He asked if I wanted to try again.

“And prove that shot was luck? Not a chance. “

Top Bottom