• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • terrythegamer

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 12, 2011
    Winchester,IN
    I started carrying as soon as i could i grew up in a rough neighbor hood and saw first hand what could happen if you weren't able to protect yourself and those you care about

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    I hope you Open Carry.

It would get really uncomfortable trying to conceal a whole Flock in your pants.

:sheep::sheep::sheep::sheep::sheep::sheep::sheep:

My answer isn't going to count or make sense.

My first carry gun provided us with food on our plate and also protected us from that same food the rest of the time.
    For two years I carried that chopped 12ga pump pistol.

I told you it's not going to make sense. :n00b:

Miles42

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 11, 2012
    Fishers, IN
    I carry because at age 70 I am too old to run. Too old to fight and too old to worry about going to prison for shooting some one who wants to take advantage of the fact I am Too old LOL

sig-guy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 2, 2013
    There are many reasons, but to make it simple...

I'm no longer young and naive.

Bad things happen to good people.

I have always felt your responsible for your own actions. Then why wouldn't you be responsible for your own protection?

Cause it helps level the playing field against multiple attackers.

To old to fight,
    to fat to run,
    that's why this guy,
    carries a gun.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    My vote for "Thread of tbe FLOCKING year." I haven't laughed this much in a while.

I started carrying because it was cool and I could. But at 19, that's the way I thought. (At one point, I carried my Super Redhawk .44 with a red dot scope in a shoulder rig during the winter, just because I could.) Now quite a bit older and I realize this world is a screwed up place and I do not want to be a victim or have my family become victims. I take it A LOT more serious now.

SHCdvldg

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 10, 2012
    Waukesha
    I started carrying because I came to the realization that there a lots of bad people in this world who don't care about anyone but themselves and will take advantage of anyone to get whatever it is that they want. I decided that i will never EVER be forced to do something, go somewhere, stay somewhere, give something up, or anything else I do not freely choose to do. I derive a sense of safety and confidence in knowing that I have equipped myself with knowledge and a tool to make myself completely free and I can provide my loved ones and those innocents around me with protection and security from the same people and so they too can be completely free.

.452browning

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    A couple of reasons.

I was very familiar with firearms and my father has carried a Browning Hi-Power for as long as I can remember. He encouraged me to carry. However, we differ in carry methods. He carries only in vehicle loaded but not chambered. I carry holstered on myself 24/7 chambered. My father is a strong advocate of me carrying a firearm for defense of myself and others.

Also I recognized the need to protect myself and others. This was emphasized by a close personal friend of mine who is a LEO. Given my condition of being a paraplegic I am a juicier target. He insisted I begin carrying at 18. I have never left the home unarmed since then. I am not saying if I wasn't wheelchair bound I wouldn't carry, but he had a big influence in my decision.

I am 25 now and have carried constantly since I got my LTCH at 18.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Family mindset
    18 years old and working at a Clark station about 68th and Michigan RD
    11pm to 7am.

Like military service this is something everyone should experience. It opens your eyes to the real world we live in.

Golden imperial 38th & Georgetown rd. same shift in 1972. Scary even back then. 1911 in my waste band. 2 times I had to let it be seen to change the minds of those who would do folks harm.

Top Bottom