• Status
    Not open for further replies.

mainjet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 22, 2009
    Lowell
    I don't think it's cool. I think it's petty. I don't agree with much of the OP, but I think it's inappropriate to invade his personal life over it, even if he did expose way too much of his personal information on this forum.

This forum is for discussion and debating. If you don't like the debate, stay out. Contacting his employer just reeks of butthurt.

I agree! He should have to have 50 quality posts before being able to contact someone's employer.

But in all seriousness - You are completely right. That would be a ridiculous thing to do.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    The first fun place that his pictures (and accompanying screenshots) are going are General Motors headquarters. I am curious as to whether the position that most law enforcement officers choose their careers because they cannot do anything else is an official General Motors position. Since Dan Griffin publicly identifies himself as a senior engineer for GM in the Lansing, Michigan area while sharing this denigrating assessment of our nation's law enforcement officers, I think this is a legitimate question for his superiors.

I think it's bull**** to screw up someone's life because of something he said on the internet that you don't like. Absolute bull****.

I may not agree with him, but screwing up his career is a **** move.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I don't think it's cool. I think it's petty. I don't agree with much of the OP, but I think it's inappropriate to invade his personal life over it, even if he did expose way too much of his personal information on this forum.

This forum is for discussion and debating. If you don't like the debate, stay out. Contacting his employer just reeks of butthurt.

I think it's bull**** to screw up someone's life because of something he said on the internet that you don't like. Absolute bull****.

I may not agree with him, but screwing up his career is a **** move.

Here's something I don't say often....but I agree with steveh and jbombelli.:D

UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN
    Somewhere along the line the idea that a person must take responsibility for their personal actions was thrown out the window.
    THAT is a major cause of the down fall of our country.
    The concept that anyone can hide behind the anonymity of the Internet and slander others should be totally repulsive to honest people.
    People MUST learn that when they say things that are designed to cause another group of people distress they are liable for the repercussions that follow.
    If someone's not willing to take the consequences for their actions they should STFU and keep their vitriol to themselves.

Just my opinion on the subject of pissing on other peoples Wheaties like some of the people here seem to enjoy doing.

BTW
    I wish you guys would stop quoting the OP.
    It defeats the purpose of having him on an ignore list for that past several years.

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    Here's something I don't say often....but I agree with steveh and jbombelli.:D

:yesway:

Somewhere along the line the idea that a person must take responsibility for their personal actions was thrown out the window.
    The concept that anyone can hide behind the anonymity of the Internet and slander others should be totally repulsive to honest people.
    People MUST learn that when they say things that are designed to cause another group of people distress they are liable for the repercussions that follow.
    If someone's not willing to take the consequences for their actions they should STFU and keep their vitriol to themselves.

Just my opinion on the subject of pissing on other peoples Wheaties like some of the people here seem to enjoy doing.

He's not trying to 'cause distress'. He's stating his opinions, in a forum quite separate from his place of employment. You're just butthurt, like I said.

BTW
    It defeats the purpose of having him on an ignore list for that past several years.

Perhaps coming into a thread that he started is what actually defeated the purpose of your ignore list, no? Why are you viewing threads started by people you want to ignore?

tetsujin79

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 23, 2013
    NWI
    It seems as if the OP doesn't have any positive experiences with LEOs.

I never understood why people became LEOs until I learned what it meant to serve others. No, I'm not naive enough that I believe all LEOs all act honorably and live to serve all the time, but then again, I assume most people are selfish by default as a basic survival mechanism.

Serving others is a choice. Maybe you're called to it, but you have to choose to want to.

It does sound as if the OP chose to serve himself and his family, and there's nothing wrong with that choice either. Looking at it that way, does it answer the OP's question?

:twocents:

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008

BTW

If you're seriously distressed by what an anonymous guy says on the internet, I don't know how you ever made it as a cop.

mainjet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 22, 2009
    Lowell
    Okay, I have done everything that I could do to hide the OP's identity so that his employers could not possibly recognize him.

NOW, can we please discuss this like the adults we are?:cool:

pianodan_zps36de8669.jpg

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2011
    Hey, why not play...

I graduated from Enterprise HS (Alabama) in the to 10%, went on tge the University of Florida where I double majored (and graduated) in poly sci/English. Moved to Indiana after graduation because my parents moved here (Dads job), took the LSAT, with the intention of going to Law School. In the meantime, I was employed as a probation officer in Marion Co.. I learned that the LAST thing I wanted to do was be a lawyer and that I followed the "prestige" I thought the occupation carried, rather than my own happiness. So I disappointed my family, and declined my offer (apologies Dean Espalda). And given how Probation worked, I tired quickly of offenders re-offending, when I tried my damnedest to see them off to the pokey....

...the solution? Be the GUY that locks them up.

Prior to becoming an LEO, I had a bunch of ideas about what the job was like....99% of them were flat wrong.

There may have been a time, when LEOs got into the job because "they couldn't do anything else," but I assure you, we are far removed from that time. Today, your STANDARD LEO could easily transition into counseling, public speaking, conflict resolution, insurance adjustment, a variety of medical fields, hospitality, risk management, obviously security, accident reconstruction, victim advocacy, public works, or even loud mouth "know it all" on the internet.

This is exactly my perception of the typical LEO. Every LEO and even a pre-LEO who has answered fits this mold pretty closely. I never considered that a cop can't do anything else. I never believed that being uneducated was the problem, I believed their EDUCATION was the problem. I'll try to explain myself.

Not everybody can go to college. To get into a decent college, you need better grades then the average guy. To get into college you need to be able to SHOW that you can pay the bill. This usually means that somebody has to think highly enough of you to invest in your future, whether it's your parents, the bank or the school itself with scholarships. SOMEBODY has to think fairly highly of you.

Now on to your education..........In college they have to pump you up, give you the confidence that you can succeed. It's a tough row to hoe, You need to believe it long before you can BE it. A college kid soon begins to feel elite..... Privileged...... Cocky. This is why calling a kid a "college boy" is a pretty common shot that people take at them. everybody here knows what they are saying when they call an eager cocky kid who acts superior a "college boy"

I have worked construction for over 35 years. It's universal for men who work in the dirt to consider the Architect or Engineer a "college boy". They make big plans and conceive genius expectations without EVER considering how a bunch of hippies and rednecks and illegal aliens are going to be able to interface their concept with the real world. We all say that to be an Architect or Engineer, you should be forced to spend at least 2 years in the dirt........... Only then will your education be complete. Understanding born of pain will serve an Architect or Engineer well in his future career.

I feel the same way for law enforcement. Not just officers but judges and prosecutors and guards, EVERYBODY. You are all college boys. You should serve a few months in jail before you are allowed to put another person in there. You should know FIRSTHAND what the consequences of your actions are for the people that you are passing judgement on. Only then will your education be complete and you are qualified to serve.

I know that many of you LEO's here have paid your dues and I respect that. It's your duty to make the new "college boys" suffer, make them know what you know........ Just my :twocents: worth

deal me in

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 14, 2012
    Avon
    While I completley disagree with OP's assumption that people become cop's because that's all they can do, I have long been what people would call a "hater" when it comes to police. I think some people are born with a hatred for authority and I'm one of them. It bothers me that some stranger has the ability to deprive me of my freedom. Whenever I see corruption or some JBT it reinforces my beliefs.

At the same time I'm an intelligent person who understands that many cops are actually decent human beings trying to make my community, state, and nation a better place, so there is some cognitive dissonance there. As my political beliefs have evolved, the reason for not liking cops has evolved as well. I see the police as the point of the spear when it comes to enforcing the will of corrupt politicians. Without cops enforcing the war on drugs there would be no war on drugs. I view cops as enabling a tyrannical, or soon to be, tryannical government. The willingness to enforce seatbelt laws, drug laws, and other crimes with no victims is the real problem for me when it comes to the police.

Not that anyone is interested in my worldview, but I wanted to present a different reason for "hating" cops. To work on my irrational? cop hatred, I'll try to say something nice to cops when I see them in convenience stores and such. To be honest, some of the responses from cops on this board have me feeling guilty about lumping them together and not treating them as individuals. Especially since I lean libertarian, and we're all about the individual.

Edit to add: the people threatening to trainwreck OP's job because of what he posted are pond scum and I wish them nothing but the worst in life.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Okay, I have done everything that I could do to hide the OP's identity so that his employers could not possibly recognize him.

NOW, can we please discuss this like the adults we are?:cool:

pianodan_zps36de8669.jpg

No mustache? No disguise is complete without a mustache.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom