Why Are So Many Still Against Hemp / Marijuana ?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AA&E

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 4, 2014
    Southern Indiana
    In fairness, you guys have a pretty similar stream of logical fallacies and misinformation on this topic. I can't blame him for confusing you.

I'm betting they are the same people posting from the same IP. I find it unlikely two people could share such a impenetrable level of hard headed blissful ignorance about a subject they so passionately debate. If you are incapable of seeing any level of understanding in another's position, it is highly likely you do not fully understand the subject.

That said, I understand the argument for prohibition. I am not in agreement we should lift it across the board. Some substances have a more substantial impact on society. My though tis the current policy does more harm then good.

One of them ^ argued against decriminalization in one post... and suggest writing tickets for possession in the next. That is the rule set decriminalization policies nationwide have typically followed. So I don't even think there is a low level understanding of what it is they are discussing.

D-Ric902

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2008
    I'm betting they are the same people posting from the same IP. I find it unlikely two people could share such a impenetrable level of hard headed blissful ignorance about a subject they so passionately debate. If you are incapable of seeing any level of understanding in another's position, it is highly likely you do not fully understand the subject.

That said, I understand the argument for prohibition. I am not in agreement we should lift it across the board. Some substances have a more substantial impact on society. My though tis the current policy does more harm then good.

One of them ^ argued against decriminalization in one post... and suggest writing tickets for possession in the next. That is the rule set decriminalization policies nationwide have typically followed. So I don't even think there is a low level understanding of what it is they are discussing.

ericpwp;
    he has discovered our secret

are you my clone or am I yours

mom always liked you best

D-Ric902

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2008
    That said, I understand the argument for prohibition. I am not in agreement we should lift it across the board. Some substances have a more substantial impact on society.

Sir;
    you freely admit that "some substances" should be illegal and others, pot, should not.
    my clone and I disagree with your faux enlightenment about where that line should be drawn and who should draw it.

that is no cause, no reason, no excuse for the condescending and insulting posts you seem to insist on posting

I have been on this site for seven years now and have never put anyone on the ignore list, but your getting close.

Ericpwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    It was me that you are accusing of the decriminalization post. Decriminalization is a misnomer. Tickets are "Criminal" Violations.

And I made you the meme, for God's sake, give credit where credit is due.

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    [/B]Wouldn't anyone assume that a weirdo shooting a gun at him is putting you in danger? What reality do you live in? Actions have consequences beyond those of government restrictions. Shooting a gun at someone has consequences: You'll probably get yourself killed.

YES

[/B]Let's talk about 'okay'. I'm not 'okay' with it, I think it's stupid and irresponsible. And if you hurt someone or damage property (likely) then the penalty should be steep.

I think you're missing my point.

You think the gun itself is low risk. Plenty of folks do not. They think gun ownership is high risk.

Do you think our liberties should be based on what the population believes to be 'high risk'?

I live in an area known for having Bigfoots or is it Bigfeets? We also get a fair inlfux of "strangers" around deer season. I will not even set foot out into my property without orange on because they tend to get lost in the dense forest and turn up damn near anywhere, ready to shoot. If someone can find an open shot that lines them up with me and a bigfoot at the same time, they better shout out first. I am armed and can handle BF myself. I don't need any favors or bullets whizzing over my head.

What if they were shooting at me and missed and then lied about seeing a BF?

Living in a place with 5 people per square mile, I can tell you it is much better than LA, Atlanta, Chicago, Omaha, New Orleans, The Bronx or any other ****hole I over looked that I have lived in or worked. I left Indy off the list since there are many Hoosiers here. BUT people still go around shooting up road signs here, just like they do down on Fall Creek in Indy. That is the closest thing you will see to roving shooters in real life and they are not shooting at people. When I was kid, drive by shootings always had a certain target/person in mind. Deal with criminals, deal with the their crap too.

I agree with Steveh and I think like he said, some of you are missing his point. If someone can justify shooting over, around or near me to save my life, they better know me first.

Two years ago a bunch of hunters drove 7 angry bears out of a small standing corn patch, some were big. A neighbor drove over to give me heads up since they were all moving my way. I was cutting wood but I had a glock on and an AR in the truck. A simple heads up of a problem is appreciated but is also all that is needed. We can fabricate endless scenarios. You only give up your rights once, then they are gone.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    It was me that you are accusing of the decriminalization post. Decriminalization is a misnomer. Tickets are "Criminal" Violations.

Tickets are not necessarily criminal violations. They can very well be civil and not criminal In nature.

AA&E

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 4, 2014
    Southern Indiana
    Sir;
    you freely admit that "some substances" should be illegal and others, pot, should not.
    my clone and I disagree with your faux enlightenment about where that line should be drawn and who should draw it.

that is no cause, no reason, no excuse for the condescending and insulting posts you seem to insist on posting

I have been on this site for seven years now and have never put anyone on the ignore list, but your getting close.

Apparently Eric is taking credit for every laughable post I have pointed out. I have not expending the effort to go back and verify as I comment, due to the fact this thread has grown to nearly 400 comments. Perhaps you were the one insisting that decriminalizing a substance meant stoners would be showing up to work wasted. Oddly this is not something we have problems with today regarding alcohol. I thought you made a point that was exhausted that kept being repeated. I can't remember if this ridiculous assertion was yours. Something in your posts got my attention, but I'm not going back through 400 posts to find it. I was mistaken concerning the author of the previously mentioned comments. Since you aren't expecting an apology I won't extend one. I'll leave it at that.

You could be misconstruing sarcasm for condescendence.. If I wanted to be all butt hurt about things I could go back and illustrate examples of your condescending posts, but it's not worth the effort and I lack the estrogen levels required to allow it to have an impact. Ignore list? Is that suppose to affect me on some level? Sorry sunshine.. your reading my posts or not doesn't really matter in the general scheme of things. But it's nice you place so much importance on your attention and participation.

Last edited:

AA&E

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 4, 2014
    Southern Indiana
    Tickets are not necessarily criminal violations. They can very well be civil and not criminal In nature.

This would be where the Ferguson people chime in jaywalking led to Michael Brown being shot by police...

I agree with you, but I am being too busy being sarcastic, condescending, and insensitive to give a damn about the plight of the downtrodden.

D-Ric902

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2008
    I agree with you, but I am being too busy being sarcastic, condescending, and insensitive to give a damn about the plight of the downtrodden.

at least you realize it

admitting it is the first step to recovery

D-Ric902

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2008
    I have not expending the effort to go back and verify as I comment,

Something in your posts got my attention,

I was mistaken concerning the author of the previously mentioned comments.

Perhaps you should (expend the effort that is) before you make a fool of yourself
    by accusing the wrong people of.....what did you call it........oh yes,
    lying

and one account is plenty, I (nor my clone, Eric) need to fake another just to fool........fools

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    Let's get this thread back on track.

Challenge:

Name one argument in favor of drug prohibition that did not equally apply to alcohol during its days of prohibition.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    RedMurph
    Top Bottom