• ...and so much more!
  • DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    This is a little off topic but I was looking at the part sets for the AK74 on this site and they state they can't ship them to South Bend. Anyone know why? The rest of the state seems fine.
    South Bend has or had some funky regulations I think. I'm not sure what the additional restrictions are, but maybe someone from there will chime in soon. If I'm not mistaken, last year state law was implemented that no longer allows municipalities to enact their own gun laws if they are more restrictive than the state laws. I don't think that some manufacturers/retailers have caught up with that though.

mikefraz

Master
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Lakeville
    South Bend has or had some funky regulations I think. I'm not sure what the additional restrictions are, but maybe someone from there will chime in soon. If I'm not mistaken, last year state law was implemented that no longer allows municipalities to enact their own gun laws if they are more restrictive than the state laws. I don't think that some manufacturers/retailers have caught up with that though.
    South Bend made their own restrictions that hold no weight under law, but most businesses that are out of state play it on the safe side and won't ship to South Bend regardless. It's really dumb, but hopefully one day it'll phase itself out.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    They had city ordinances on mag capacity. The states preemption law has invalidated their ordinance. If you want something, I would suggest sending them a copy or try explaining it to them.

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    that not a horrible price, not great but not horrible.

THe SGL31-95 is the 'new' version of the SGL31-94, which is the folding stock version of the rifle.

The 95 is only like $150 more than the 94 was when they were available pre-panic, so like I said, not 'horrible'.

Top Bottom