• jagee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    Were they short, "meaningless" posts?

Sometimes people get knocked down if it seems they are simply posting in an effort to increase the post count to get access to the classifieds.

76chevy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 4, 2010
    not really, some might have been short comments or answering a question. Just thought it weird. they show up my profile still, I think?

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    here is one for example:

OP asked how not to lose arrows, I suggested judo points...

3 Days Ago
    76chevy replied to a thread Arrow loss prevention? in The Great Outdoors
    don't miss?? Bigger target or get closer. Judo points work too to keep arrow out of the grass.

And that is one that was not removed as it appears to be a reasonable post. Since no one else is laying it out for you, here is the deal. This is a gun owner community that has a classifieds area for contributing members, not a free classifieds site. One of the rules of INGO is that you effectively are on probation until you reach 50 posts. You are required to add only "quality" posts until that point. After that, things are more flexible. Apparently, your activities tripped their trigger.

It doesn't matter if you've been here for a number of years. Runners can be brand new to the site and post 50 quick/junk posts that add nothing or they can be long-term, low-post members who finally spot something they want and enter 40 junk posts. Same thing. You weren't running? I can't say as I didn't see the posts that were deleted, but if you press it, the moderators will be happy to quote your junk posts back to you.

If you aren't looking to get into the classifieds at this point, then just take some time to post more thoughtful answers or ask legitimate questions. It really isn't hard to get there if you participate. If you want to get to INGO's classifieds ASAP, there are two ways:
    1. Create 50 "quality" posts. Ask and/or answer questions. Participate in discussions. Share your firearm photos. There are many ways to create quality posts, even if you aren't a firearms expert. Some try to bypass this requirement by creating 50 short, useless posts. This just pollutes the site and ends up wasting the time of hundreds of other members who have the misfortune to read them. The moderators are very aware of this tactic and will delete junk posts. Think of this as a probationary period where you learn about INGO and we will learn at least some about you via your contributions to its content.
    2. Become a site supporter. For $20 (PayPal is fastest), you get a number of benefits, including early access to the classifieds. This provides an alternate way to contribute to INGO. Servers aren't free. If you do take this route, be sure to send a private message to Que asking for access.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    If you look next to the post name in your profile many have an OL next to them. Means One liners and they have been relegated to the trash.

Standard deal for under 50 posters.

Mark-DuCo

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2012
    Ferdinand
    And that is one that was not removed as it appears to be a reasonable post. Since no one else is laying it out for you, here is the deal. This is a gun owner community that has a classifieds area for contributing members, not a free classifieds site. One of the rules of INGO is that you effectively are on probation until you reach 50 posts. You are required to add only "quality" posts until that point. After that, things are more flexible. Apparently, your activities tripped their trigger.

It doesn't matter if you've been here for a number of years. Runners can be brand new to the site and post 50 quick/junk posts that add nothing or they can be long-term, low-post members who finally spot something they want and enter 40 junk posts. Same thing. You weren't running? I can't say as I didn't see the posts that were deleted, but if you press it, the moderators will be happy to quote your junk posts back to you.

If you aren't looking to get into the classifieds at this point, then just take some time to post more thoughtful answers or ask legitimate questions. It really isn't hard to get there if you participate. If you want to get to INGO's classifieds ASAP, there are two ways:
    1. Create 50 "quality" posts. Ask and/or answer questions. Participate in discussions. Share your firearm photos. There are many ways to create quality posts, even if you aren't a firearms expert. Some try to bypass this requirement by creating 50 short, useless posts. This just pollutes the site and ends up wasting the time of hundreds of other members who have the misfortune to read them. The moderators are very aware of this tactic and will delete junk posts. Think of this as a probationary period where you learn about INGO and we will learn at least some about you via your contributions to its content.
    2. Become a site supporter. For $20 (PayPal is fastest), you get a number of benefits, including early access to the classifieds. This provides an alternate way to contribute to INGO. Servers aren't free. If you do take this route, be sure to send a private message to Que asking for access.

Denny award nominee

Top Bottom