Why am I more accurate with my G27 than my G23?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • joekoug

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    So I picked up a G27 last week and I LOVE IT!

What doesn't make sense to me is that I'm more accurate with it than my bigger G23. What's even crazier is that I shoot more accurate and consistent withOUT a magazine with a pierce extension on it than with a magazine with an extension on it.

I am by no means a great shot. I usually practice from 30ish feet figuring that (God forbid) I have to draw and use my firearm, it will be from 30 feet or less.

I get on target and can get close to a bulls-eye, but not all the time YET. Anyways I would think that it SHOULD be easier to be more accurate and consistent with the larger G23 as opposed to the smaller G27.

Any ideas?

Thanks
    Joe :ingo:

Boz

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 15, 2009
    Muncie
    It might be simply that you like the 27 better. The brain does funny things like that. Research in the field of psychology has demonstrated this principle to be true.

Turn Key

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I've also shot sub-compacts better too.

A G27 & G33 are my main carry and do practice with them but I've recently been shooting 9mm for practice and have the conversion barrel in a G23 for the 9mm ammo. It seems I tend to shoot a bit high and right with the G23 for some reason.

At least my main carry is still my most accurate pistol.

TK

redneckpastor

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2009
    I tend to shoot high and right with my G23 as well, but i am by no means a marksmen so take that for what it is worth :D

mastery

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Here
    Each has a different balance point it seems, in the hand. G26, I was pretty good with. G17, lousy shot. G19, I should be shooting competition. Glad you found something you are a good shot with, and comfortable with as well.

UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN
    I have a G23 and a G27 also.
    The double recoil spring on the G27 softens the recoil enough that I shoot better with the smaller gun. Recovery shots are faster too.
    Mike

nahfuten

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Zionsville
    Same situation here... I am more accurate with G26 than G17... If its because of the double recoil springs, I think I want a 4th gen G17....

HandK

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Way Up North!!
    I have seen this allot over the years, the 27 is a smaller gun you hold it tighter because your subconscious tells you it will be harder to hold on to because it is smaller, the 23 is a bigger gun you loosen your grip on it, therefore not as accurate.

JohnP82

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I have both the G23 and G27. Love them both. Took me a range trip to get used to the 27, but love it now. I probably shoot the 23 a little bit better though.

Top Bottom