• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Aggar

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 7, 2010
    Kirklin
    I met our county's CO last night. A friend that is a county deputy got him in touch with me about my trespasser problem. We met at my farm and I showed him around and we sat and talked for about 2 hours. When we first met I showed him my LtCH and he said no problem. Very nice guy and explained a lot of rules and laws to me. He is more than willing to help. He just got our county for his territory and this was one of his first times in the area. I was just curious if anyone else has met their co and what they thought if them?

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    less than a year ago they restructured a lot of cos to diffrent areas. ive met our new co and spent a hours or so riding around with him showing him his new area and where the poaching hot spots are.

he is a extreamly nice guy and most of them that ive met are hunters who love doing what they do

Aggar

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 7, 2010
    Kirklin
    Yep he was pretty cool. Offering me advice and what to do and who to call. i've got his cell number. I was gonna ask about riding around with him but maybe another time. He was talking about poachers and catching them. But he did graduate from IU but I won't hold that against him.

samot

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2009
    Your mamas house
    I met mine or should i say he met me !!!

I was running gravel in my pit , he was up on the road next to the scale trailor admiring two 8 point heads sitting on the back of an old Fiat Alis Loader ......
    he finally drove down in the pit & approached me in my loader & asked if i was SO & SO .....
    i said yes can i help you
    He said i wanna talk to you about your wife ?
    I said , what the hell you wanna talk about my wife for ? Is she OK has she been in an accident ?
    He said " why dont you tell me"
    I said LOOK DUDE im workin , if you have a question , ask it , if not head your happy ass back out to the road .
    long story short ....... he finally askd if i shot both bucks & had my wife tag one.
    I couldnt belive what he was asking really , this was like 3 months after last deer season.
    I told him absolutly NOT.
    he said he thought it was kinda odd it was my wifes first yr hunting & she killed an 8 pointer. I told him i thought it was odd too !!
    He left telling me that of the 20 cases he had that week that i was the only one he belived.
    I was not at all impressed with his tactics, my wife even called him & chewed on him for a while , I think she may have told him he ruint her hunting experience & that she would challenge him in a shooting contest :)
    All in all it was a pretty ****ty thing for him to do...... he had no reason to believe i shot 2 bucks other than the fact it was my wifes first deer.
    That was basically my experience with our CO !!

dak109

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 26, 2009
    Brown County
    I have met all five of our's. I have known one of them most of my life. He has always introduced the others as they were assigned to our county. To be faie though, I have a working relationship with them:):

IndianaSlim

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    I've got 4 different CO's in my phone. I work closely with 2 of them when they aren't on the clock. It really pays to know people sometimes, ESPECIALLY your local CO!!

EPD1102

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Evansville
    I always try to say hi and introduce myself when I see one of them at a check station or anything. I used to know all of them in our area but I just don't see them around as much as I used to.

Uconas

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    besides what alot of people say about CO's ive never had a problem with any of them. heres what happen 2 weeks ago in North Dakota. we couldnt make out 1 rule in the rule book so we called the # in the back of the book and it put us in touch with the local CO. he answered all our questions, and gave us more info that wasnt in the book. this was at 9:30 in the evening, he even thanked us for call and mentioned that most hunters dont bother with a phone call

Titanium Man

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2009
    Indy---USA
    That sucks. Some guys don't have the tact to ask questions in the right way.

I never knew them to have tact.:rolleyes:

No thanks to meeting any of them. I even avoid the DNR Bldg. at the fair, and at their booths at any shows. They're just typical public servants, looking for better and craftier ways to increase "tax" collections.

Last edited:

ARGarrison

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 13, 2008
    Indiana, of course
    I've met most of the COs that work District 3. I have yet to meet the new officer that is working my county, but know the others by name. Working ICOO Youth Camp I also know a few COs from other Districts as well.

wolfman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    S Side Indy
    I hunt my dad's farm, and have always known the area CO. He has permission to set up his mechanical deer, and use the property as a night/road hunting bait station.:D

tenring

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 16, 2008
    Martinsville
    Known one of ours for twenty years, he's retiring this year, don't know who the new one will be, no doubt will know soon, the other one for several years now, both on my cell phone. Know several through the Karl Kelly camp and the DNR. Several years back I was instrumental in getting our county a deer decoy for stings.

tedbower

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2009
    mooresville
    The C.O's that I know are like most LEO that I know , if you aren't doing anything wrong you got nothing to worry about. Mostly just great guys with a job to do.

Top Bottom