Whose goin to the Knob Creek Machine Gun Shoot???

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GI JOE

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Its in Mid April I believe. Theres a website Knob Creek Gun Range that will tell yall everything you need to know!
    Its an awsome time, especially the night shoot on fri and sat.
    You can shoot full autos, kind of expensive but really fun to watch.
    there's a wide variety of weapons from small arms to auto pistols to heavy 50cals, mini guns and even a howitzer (sp)...
    Its a BLAST!>>> pun intended

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    There's WAY more than that, even.
    Miniguns, Gatling guns, M2HBs, and pretty much every single type of automatic and other small-arms fire that you could imagine, as well as a large variety of vendors and distributors... and one hell of a nightshow.

"If God created anything better, He kept it for Himself!" - R. Lee Ermey

kybares

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2009
    I will be there, hopefully my brother and nephews will join us as well. What a great show of arms! I am always impressed when they sing the Star Spangled Banner over the PA system. The crowd falls silent, hats come off, hands over hearts, and the pyrotechnics booming is awe inspiring. You can for a large fee, be the door gunner in a Hughey, go to the small arms range and smoke 'em if you got 'em. Don't miss going inside the main building, Kenny has a nicely stocked store. I have not seen it mentioned before, but the owner of Knob Creek's Range (Kenny), his dad owns a really unique gun shop about 20 minutes away on Dixie Highway. It is worth the time as well if you can pull yourself away from the action at Knob Creek. It is called Little Biff's Gunroom, Biff is Kenny's dad. You may question my recommendation when you first walk in, but just work your way through the piles, and who knows what you will find. It is like going through a gun nuts attic. Also for the night shoot, if you have something like a little step stool, bring it. Keep it in your truck till prior to the action and you will be heads above the rest of us. The biggest problem with the night shoot is being able to see it. Backpacks for the stuff you can't leave there w/o helps. Hope to see y'all there.

Greenmonsta79

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2010
    Clay County, IN
    I am going for sure I have never been and was planning last October but things came up, but I am going for sure this year!! :D Can't wait to rent a Ma-deuce if I can!!!!

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    I am going for sure I have never been and was planning last October but things came up, but I am going for sure this year!! :D Can't wait to rent a Ma-deuce if I can!!!!

The guy who rents his M2 should be there. He also has a different piece that eats .308 and it's $150 for ~20 rounds of .50BMG / ~50 rounds of .308, IIRC.

Night show is FANTASTIC - as for seeing, it can be difficult, but if you get there early/right against the fence, you can usually get a decent view. If not, try from the extreme left or extreme right - between the tracers, spotters, and exploding propane and tannerite and flares, it can really send the neckhairs on end. Undescribable, everyone should go at least once in their lifetime, and more if you can at all afford it or make the trip.

GI JOE

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Outstanding gentelman! Hopefully I'll get to go but I may still be in the smokies for a backpacking trip? For those of you that do go, be safe and have a blast!

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    Looks like its going on during a fri, sat an sun...never been there...if
    you could go an spend the day to look or maybe even rent to shoot..
    which day would be best?

boman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 19, 2009
    indianapolis
    which day would be best?

If you're going to shop all three days are good with Friday and Sunday less crowded but the best all around day to take it all in is Saturday and plan on staying for the night shoot if you want a "full meal deal". Parking is always a hassel and if it rains you will fight the mud.
    I've attended many times and still enjoy going---see lots of old friends.

Steve

Seancass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 12, 2008
    Near Whiteland, IN
    Anybody want to give a walk through of what a day is like? is it easy to see what's going on? Easy to get to shoot an MG? Big gun show to walk though? Hotels hard to find or far away?

What's the coolest/greatest/most-worth-the-money thing you have ever seen at the show?

GI JOE

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Its April 9th, 10th and 11th. Fri, sat, sun. a walk through, uh, well its about $15 to get in. Ammo and surplus items are usually to the right as you enter the shoot. Gun show is straight ahead on the road. The cool machine guns (must enter main bldg to register to shoot) is on the Left. Further back there are other Machine guns you can rent to shoot and matches are posted on signs. Get there real early to sign up for the "jungle walk"
    REMEMBER WHERE YOU PARK!!!
    I might be able to carpool there depending on how many friends are commin with me. I'll let cha know though bout a week prior

mrmarky

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    Brazil Indiana
    can't wait to go. I am going to bring my 14 year old son. We've been watching vids on u tube. He's cranked and so am I. See ya's there. I'll be the guy with the flat top hair cut and big holes in my ears.

smoking357

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2008
    Mindin' My Own Business
    Its in Mid April I believe. Theres a website Knob Creek Gun Range that will tell yall everything you need to know!
    Its an awsome time, especially the night shoot on fri and sat.
    You can shoot full autos, kind of expensive but really fun to watch.
    there's a wide variety of weapons from small arms to auto pistols to heavy 50cals, mini guns and even a howitzer (sp)...
    Its a BLAST!>>> pun intended

I'm going. Bring hearing protection.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    Almost always, always, always - almost - first full weekend of April and October, whatever dates that weekend falls on. Saturday is the best day to go if you want to do it ALL. Get there early and wear comfortable shoes that you do not mind getting muddy. You WILL get them muddy. Full stop. Drive something you don't mind getting muddy. It WILL get muddy. Full stop. Hearing protection is a MUST, but they do sell some at the shop behind the range. The line WILL be packed full of people if you get there midday. The line to get in WILL be more than one mile long. $10 admission, $5 for a video pass if you want to record anything, but Knob Creek retains copyright. All guns are supposed to be checked in and zip-tied on admission. There is food, but it is of course concession stand prices.

If there is a heaven, it's located in Bullit County, Kentucky.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom