• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    We had the same Brighthouse issues when we first signed. They tried to "fix" my connection twice, and I finally told them to run a brand new line from the pole (mine is buried). No issues at all ever since. Of course, I ran everything in the house myself.

Had ATT DSL when we lived in Indy. Had exactly the same problems. Took them several trips to admit their line to the house (well, the box on the outside wall) was junk.

We had DirecTV back when we had ATT DSL. Sucked. Loved the channel selection, hated that it dropped in heavy rain or wet snow. You know, when you are actually stuck inside watching TV!

In the end, they all pretty much suck for one reason or another. Pick your your poison.

Goober135

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 15, 2011
    Valparaiso
    Eh, Comcast gets the job done I suppose? :dunno:

That being said, I will NEVER AGAIN use RoadRunner! When I lived in Indy I was essentially "forced" to use them as they and Comcast "split" the city to avoid price wars or something. :xmad:

JustinCase

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 5, 2012
    Greenwood
    Comcast / Xfinity. Had it for years, like it ok. Lose service occasionally, but way better than satelite. Had both and hated them - lost signal practically every time it rained.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Comcast for internet and Dish for TV. Have had Dish for about 15 years or better and no major issues ever. The pricing has been great and has not gone up enough to make me complain.

lowriderjim

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    Huntington
    They are all bad pick one.

I have Comcast bundle and have had to call them three times in the last 90 days.

the good news ia they responded each time to resolve the problem. The wait time for customer service was minimal.

Loganwildman

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 29, 2012
    Logansport
    Comcast / Xfinity. Had it for years, like it ok. Lose service occasionally, but way better than satelite. Had both and hated them - lost signal practically every time it rained.

Agreed. We had satelite and Frontier internet and after not being able to use our internet for 3 months, I canceled and went to xfinity. Wifey is now happy so I am happy! :):

indytechnerd

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Here and There
    UVERSE for everything. TV is great (Uverse 200 no HD), able to record 4 things and watch a 5th, rarely have issues. Phone is phone, not much to say except that I'm old school and would like a tried and true landline phone. Uverse phone is essentially VOIP through the residential gateway that controls everything else.

Uverse internet SUCKS!

Our RG is in our master bedroom (because they "had" to run a new line since our existing lines (from 2001) were "too old to support the technology"), so I can hook up a wired connection to the laptop in there, but everything else is wireless g. Downstairs, north end RG to upstairs south end PC = frequent lost signal and slow speed. I ended up buying one of the netgear powerline AV modules. It's not blazing fast like a direct connection, but it's reliable and works well enough for any online games I want to play.

Knife Lady

PROUD TO BE AN ARMY BRAT
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Central USA
    We have Ninestar for internet, tv, and phone and we love it. I love the channels we get and they offer techinal live support 24/7. Great customer service.

Titanium Man

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2009
    Indy---USA
    I guess the whole jist of it, you use and abuse your internet/TV for a short time, then they do the same to you, until one or the other says enough, and you move on to the next one.

Longevity with TV service is as bad as the work place. Nobody wants to stay very long anymore.

What really sucks is who'd a thunck 20+ years ago, we'd be forking out around 1500+ bucks a year to watch our fricking TV's...............STUPID!!

Top Bottom