• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CathyInBlue

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Just one example of one of these markers in a fence without a farm field on the opposite side would be a sufficient counter argument to my farmer's row marking hypothesis.

Personally, I like the highway drainage pipe marker idea, as long as they only appear where the verge is changing elevation.

ScouT6a

Master
    Rating - 92.9%
    13   1   0
    Mar 11, 2013
    They are on both side of the road. They are in the wide open and they are tucked back in to brush. I am 95% sure I have seen them where there was woods behind the fence line, not fields.

ScouT6a

Master
    Rating - 92.9%
    13   1   0
    Mar 11, 2013
    20141224_122825_zpsnwzbi0cs.jpg
    [/IMG]
    20141224_122122_zpsmowdu4pv.jpg
    [/IMG]

ScouT6a

Master
    Rating - 92.9%
    13   1   0
    Mar 11, 2013
    Got out and snapped a few pictures yesterday. These were on I-74 in Fountain county. Saw dozens more.

Morgan88

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2013
    Jasper
    ScouT6a
    Did you by chance look in the front slope in line with the vertical lath for a drain outlet? Just might be a squishy spot. They used to just drive a fence post by the outlet but those got ran over and quickly became a waste of time. ScoutT6a so if you feel so inclined return to the photo location and look in the front slope. (the one facing away from the road). Tile probe might be helpful.
    Merry Christmas to all and peace and comfort especially to those who are suffering.

dwh79

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 20, 2008
    Wanamaker/ Acton
    Actually I believe they mark pipeline crossings under the state highways. Blue would denote a water line. The gas lines are usually marked by stand pipes that act as vents for the steel casing the lines are installed within. The storm drain are marked by either the flexible vertical laths or the metal stakes. Both have a white refelctor on them. I have never noted a marker using the blue laths working with INDOT drainage.

wagyu52

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Sep 4, 2011
    South of cob corner
    Actually I believe they mark pipeline crossings under the state highways. Blue would denote a water line. The gas lines are usually marked by stand pipes that act as vents for the steel casing the lines are installed within. The storm drain are marked by either the flexible vertical laths or the metal stakes. Both have a white refelctor on them. I have never noted a marker using the blue laths working with INDOT drainage.

Nope, I've seen plenty of them in rural Warren county and it has no rural water system. Talked To a farmer in his 70's that has owned and farmed the land all his life. He assured me they do not mark anything buried like a pipeline or drainage tile.

Top Bottom