• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    I like it. Is the dry storage up front big enough to get a break down rifle case in there?

I'm thinking so. I can actually store a couple extra rods in there.

First two mods I've made was adding the fishfinder I had left over after upgrading the bigger fishing boat last season and making an anchor trolley system.

I'll be back out later this afternoon.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    Back at it again:

10155296_10152064432093528_1212128584_n.jpg

2nd cast, probably 3# or so:

10156050_10152064475813528_1890792456_n.jpg

This one was over 5#:

1907309_10152064499598528_1799020961_n.jpg

I had ten others that ranged from 2-4# that I thought I had hatcam video of... until I got home and realized I forgot to put the SD card back in! :(

I really need to get another scale to keep with me.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Back at it again:

10155296_10152064432093528_1212128584_n.jpg

2nd cast, probably 3# or so:

10156050_10152064475813528_1890792456_n.jpg

This one was over 5#:

...I had ten others that ranged from 2-4# that I thought I had hatcam video of... until I got home and realized I forgot to put the SD card back in! :(

I really need to get another scale to keep with me.

Wow. How much do those very nice fish pull you top them in your boat? Can you stand up in the boat?

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    I don't stand in the yak, no need to "borrow trouble", as my wife says.

They pulled around a little bit, but I just keep turning them like I would if I were in the Lowe instead.

Think the boy is going to want a yak for his birthday, lol.

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    I just think its funny that a guy takes a pic of something between his legs and then declares it is Big! That is the brotherhood, beauty and the fun known as fishing. What is strange is the obvious absence of lies and exaggeration in this thread.

Speaking of Brotherhood, the regulars in here need to throw some positive vibes my way. If things work out, we all might be able to upgrade some equipment this year cheap.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I don't stand in the yak, no need to "borrow trouble", as my wife says.

I can't imagine it either, but the folks up-thread were talking about it. I don't make a regular habit of standing in the canoe, but it's handy to be able to on occasion. If I'm gonna throw 6-700 bucks at a kayak, that feature may help make a decision on which brand.

...Speaking of Brotherhood, the regulars in here need to throw some positive vibes my way. If things work out, we all might be able to upgrade some equipment this year cheap.

Dunno what yer talkin' about but good luck as always!
    BTW - I trimmed out two deer on your roll up cutting board. :yesway:

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    I can't imagine it either, but the folks up-thread were talking about it. I don't make a regular habit of standing in the canoe, but it's handy to be able to on occasion. If I'm gonna throw 6-700 bucks at a kayak, that feature may help make a decision on which brand.

Dunno what yer talkin' about but good luck as always!
    BTW - I trimmed out two deer on your roll up cutting board. :yesway:
    I don't want to jinx it! Let's just say maybe 70% off some tackle. It's a long shot right now.

Speaking of the cutting "boards" I will have to send you some of the heavy ones in a flat box sometime, I just could not make them roll up. I have an idea for them though, cut smaller they would make awesome dividers in milk crates and maybe a keeper type of top as well? Just punch holes and use zip ties. Your pepper will be going in some stew tomorrow, good stuff.

Standing up in the kayak is one thing, getting my ass back down in the seat is another. There are some with and optional leaning bar. What really looks cool is some now have almost full blown seats that can be set at higher levels or lowered down. So you have full back support and higher view over the water.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    My kayak was just over $300, purchased mostly to be able to hunt the ponds and small lakes around. I'll save my standing for the Lowe ;)

JM and I will be hitting the water tomorrow huntin for crappie.

SigFan07

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2013
    Indiana
    I bought my first pair of waders at Dicks today. Hopefully this will open up some new areas to fish in when I'm not using my kayak or canoe. I guess I need to buy one of the wading belts.

danielson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Napoleon
    Thinking about getting the kayak in Monday, my day off. First time this year, I live on SW side of Indy, and just arent sure where to go. Big walnut? White Lick? Back down to the Big Blue River? I cant decide. Got any suggestions, perhaps something I havent thought of?

SigFan07

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2013
    Indiana
    Might have just purchased on of the most important bank fishing tools ever - an Orvis fishing thermometer! Now I will be able to take some temp readings this spring. Should be real fun and useful.

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    Might have just purchased on of the most important bank fishing tools ever - an Orvis fishing thermometer! Now I will be able to take some temp readings this spring. Should be real fun and useful.
    Just a thought and I am not sure its been mentioned before and at this point we are into a new year so I am not back tracking......................................you need to buy a fish hook sharpener. I have a dedicated hook sharpener or two, files and various sharpeners for knives and tools I can use but your favorite lures will get dull. Its especially true on larger sinlge hooked baits like spinner baits. The hook is large, it's often your only hook if you are not using a trailer and the larger diameter makes it harder to set. Right now is a good time to tune up last years beat up lures and replace rusty hooks if any, as well. I am heading in town soon, my favorite kit should be in my truck door, unless it is in the pile of truck crap I removed a few weeks ago. At the end of winter I always remove everything, go over it once and put it back. There is a small belt sheath in the door that I have used mainly for fishing for almost 30 years.

If I see it I will snap a pic of it and the contents.

Top Bottom