• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Willie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 24, 2010
    Warrick County
    If'n I get back out at all it will be with my TenPoint Stealth SS. I'm not even sure why I own a muzzleloader as it hasn't been out of that safe 5 times in the last ten years..

Willie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 24, 2010
    Warrick County
    Another year my Hawkin .50cal will stay in the safe, I've lost all motivation since my son stopped hunting with me (new baby, job, wife, life, etc..), it seems colder when you are hunting alone. Everyone be safe and good luck.
    ^^^^
    THIS

A lot my old hunting buddies have either died or moved on to other places. I'm the Last of the Mohicans where I hunt. Solo hunting might be OK for some, but not for me...

Wheezy50

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Morgan County
    I will be out with my CVA wolf as many times as I can possibly make it. I purchased the bundle license and have yet to attempt a shot. Plenty of room in my freezer so i'm not especially concerned about buck, doe, big or little. I REALLY need to put a couple in the freezer, buying beef all the time sucks!!!! Luckily, my work schedule should be slowing down which means more time to hunt.

buckhunterbb

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Kimmell
    I'll be out with muzzle loader this season trying to fill buck tag. Weather doesn't look too cold for this weekend. Only seen a couple of small racked/body bucks in firearm season. Hoping for something a little bigger.

ScouT6a

Master
    Rating - 92.9%
    13   1   0
    Mar 11, 2013
    freekforge,
    Try the REAL bullets with your same RB load. I shoot a .45 caliber flintlock with a 1 in 66" twist 42" long barrel. I have used the 200 grain REAL bullets in lieu of a RB for deer and the point of impact change is negligible out to 75 yards. My hand cast RB weigh in at 142 grains.

I have deer hunted by myself about 90% of the time the last several years.Used to hunt with my dad and my brother all the time, when I was younger. Great memories and a lot of fun. Then the brother got married and got away from hunting. It was just dad and I for years. Now with dad's health issues and age and retirement, he has all but stopped hunting. My daughter loves to go but she's away at college and works too. Sometimes it is hard to make myself get out of bed and go by myself. Would enjoy having someone to hunt with again. Until that happens, I will enjoy my time afield alone.

freekforge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    marion
    I could never get one to shoot strait with pyrodex p but i just started using ffg goex so i may try to get out a time or 2 before i hunt and try to get a REAL to work. I also want to try putting a wad or card under the REAL to see if that helps. There is also a rough spot in my bore that doesn't mess with the round balls but make be messing up the REALs.

ScouT6a

Master
    Rating - 92.9%
    13   1   0
    Mar 11, 2013
    Freekforge, are you using lube on the REALs? I always take my finger and run a thin coat of Bore Butter on them.

freekforge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    marion
    so far i have ran them dry, with bore butter, crisco, some waxy stuff i mixed up, LLA, and vaseline. Im getting better groups with PRB now that i use real black powder so i might get out and try a few REALs with goex too

spaniel

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 20, 2013
    Lizton
    Got one doe in brief time out during firearms but need more meat. Will be out this weekend with the Omega X7 for shots <150 yards, and a homemade Savage smokeless .45 for longer shots.

MattBrewer

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 6, 2014
    Indy
    New guy question--- can you hunt with a bow during muzzleloader season? I guess another way to ask it would be...are seasons tag specific (can I hunt with an archery tag using a bow during muzzleloader season?)

MattBrewer

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 6, 2014
    Indy
    Ok one other question i can't find the answer to on that page.....if I buy an archery tag I get one doe and one buck (or 2 does). If I buy a firearms tag, is that buck in addition to the archery tag? Sorry for the dumb questions but I've never hunted a state that required tags. Thanks guys!

Cam

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 7, 2008
    Tipton County
    Ok one other question i can't find the answer to on that page.....if I buy an archery tag I get one doe and one buck (or 2 does). If I buy a firearms tag, is that buck in addition to the archery tag? Sorry for the dumb questions but I've never hunted a state that required tags. Thanks guys!

What state doesn't require hunting licenses or tags?

MattBrewer

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 6, 2014
    Indy
    In Mississippi I always buy a Sportsmans License and am covered for all seasons. There is no tag system, just bag limits to go by. You must have a valid hunting license but don't have to tag or check in deer that you kill.

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    In Mississippi I always buy a Sportsmans License and am covered for all seasons. There is no tag system, just bag limits to go by. You must have a valid hunting license but don't have to tag or check in deer that you kill.

It's still a system to pay to harvest the King's Deer, a rose by any other name ...

lizerdking

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 7, 2012
    Almost on lake Mich
    It's still a system to pay to harvest King Obama's Deer, a rose by any other name ...

FIFY

Wasn't planning on it, but I still have a doe tag and room in the freezer. Started sighting in the TC yesterday, it doesn't look that far off, going to shoot it a lil more today. Might head out later this week.

cschwanz

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    The Savage got to eat Sunday morning. 2nd doe of the year for it (shot one with it during firearms season). Time to hopefully find a buck the next couple weeks.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom