Who's going to one of the nicest gun auctions ever?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • nra4ever

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    Indy
    The preview was packed full of people. I'd say if ur not in the building by 9 don't bother. You will be outside until someone leaves.

dubsac

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 31, 2009
    Indianapolis
    not goin to be able to go, though am curious what the mark 23 and winchester 1873 is going for. The only bad part of no online bidding there is no way to tell the sale price if you do not go :(

IndyGlockMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    Fishers
    I'll be going, if not to buy something, to see the mad house.
    1000 lots in one day... bidding will probably be short and sweet, otherwise it will take forever.
    They will probably have to batch a lot of ammo together.
    We probably shouldn't expect to bid on 1 case of ammo at a time...

stevee

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 29, 2013
    Avon
    Since I have an interest in some of the items that might not appeal to collectors I would like to attend. I was one of the founding teenagers of Eagledale, (cardboard jungle as we dubbed it in those days). I wouldn't worry to much about going because there is safety in numbers. Every year during the months of May and July hundreds of thousands of folks converge on the area. YMMV! The Roberts story might make a good non-fiction book if someone could unearth the facts.

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    202   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    Went to the preview as well. It looked as if some of the items had been stored in a shed or barn, some of AK mags had surface rust. Not a big deal, it will probably clean off, but it did make me wonder about how and where the firearms had been stored.
    Still one heck of a collection for one man to own!

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I'm going this morning, but I've gotta say that 10% buyer's premium on top of the tax is a little disheartening. I missed that part until I read it here. :( The prices before tax and premium are going to have to be pretty good, or I'll be coming home empty-handed.

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    I missed this thread and just caught wind of this auction after getting home late last night. I would really like to go. As much publicity that it has gotten, I doubt I'll be able to pick anything up at prices I'd be willing to pay for it.

As far as the guy goes, I don't understand why his personal life matters. Of course the media twists things like they always do. They have the freedom to interpret what they see just as any American. As a person who loves history, technology, and guns there are VERY few guns I would not want to add to my collection just out of hobby. Of course, there is an order of significance or priority to what I would want (a method to the madness so to speak), but my point is why is it something must be wrong with a guy to own such a collection? That's just childish and judgemental IMO. His money, his choices.

As far as farming goes, I don't know the guy but I would say for the big corporate farmer it isn't so much a gamble as it is a science. The guys that maintain thousands of acres for big names like frito lay and such, big bankers trip over themselves to lend those farmers money if they don't already have the cash on hand. Most I've known don't have a problem with having the cash on hand in most cases though. Some still like to borrow for other business reasons too.

I don't know what this guy did or really know anything about him besides what was reported in the news. I am in awe of his magnificent collection though. :bowdown:

Gman75

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 18, 2012
    Boone County
    Anybody there yet? Just curious about the size of the crowd this morning. I wanted to make it but taking my daughter to the Colts game. I hope someone that is going reports back about what things were going for.

IndyGlockMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    Fishers
    I'm here. It's going to be interesting.
    whats a trash can full of berdain primed empty 308 brass worth?

the door is still open, but its nearly full. Hurry!

Top Bottom