Who's a good 'smith for an AR in Lafayette/Indy area?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WabashMX5

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2009
    Brownsburg
    A friend of mine bought an AR, built by a now-defunct local shop out of Sun Devil parts (NOT a Sun Devil factory rifle). He has awful FTE problems. It appears to have been very poorly assembled (barrel nut loose, gas key staking woefully inadequate, etc.). He's replaced the gas tube, bought a new BCM BCG, properly torqued the barrel nut — and though it's all helped, some problems continue.

I'd like to give him a lead for a good, trustworthy AR-competent gunsmith who can give his upper a once-over to rescue it (since seems like the parts are of fine quality, and it's just a workmanship problem).

Any recommendations? He and I are in Lafayette, but he'd probably drive an hour of someone who knows what they're doing....

barrelmaker_2002

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 8, 2009
    Rochester, MN
    I don't even know those names. Is/are one of both of them with Applied Ballistics, by any chance? Thanks for the lead.

Stu is in Attica. He makes the round of local shops to pick up work. Tippy Sport Shop or Applied Ballistics.

He worked on a pistol for me and I was very pleased. Quality workmanship and the work was done when promised.

aclark

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    The 219
    The guys at Ace and Rico are AR-armorers so I'm sure they can give it a good once over for you/him. Their shop is over on Earl Ave.

Top Bottom